Connecting A120 to plasmacam table

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Timdiesel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Connecting A120 to plasmacam table

Post by Timdiesel »

I just purchased a victor A120 and need help as to how to go about connecting it to my plasmacam. Table currently has a powermax 900 and it's hard wired to the table. The A120 has a plug on the back for a connection. Any adapters available? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Connecting A120 to plasmacam table

Post by PlasmaMac »

Best thing to is to give the plasmacam tech team a buzz. They know their stuff really and will be able help out with this.
bpr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bpr »

I have also bought a A120, all hooked up but it is not getting the ok to move signal back to the table. How is yours wired up in the back? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

The video instruction that came with the machine shows how to hook up most plasma cutters. If you have an older machine or lost the video manual, I'd call and get an updated one if possible. Plasmacam's tech department is also very helpful. Often times you can save a lot time by giving them a jingle. Plasmacam's owners community is pretty darn good resource for this type of stuff too.

Good Luck!

JAG
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

It's the exact same setup as the powermax machine. The victor is set at 50-1 voltage divider, but will full voltage available on the 14 pins too.. (With a resistor)
bpr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bpr »

It's actually a c&g aviator XL table, I had the 150xl on it. Will I still need a resistor?
Thanks
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I only mentioned the full arc volts because it's on the 14 pin.. I would just match up your voltage divider settings in the A-120 to your table..I am guessing it uses divided arc volts. You can get full arc volts without the resistor on the main board of the A-120.. It's in the manual.

Check the ribbon cables, etc to see if everything is plugged in. OK to move is on some pins inside the machine too..I believe the voltage divider plugs into it also.. Been a while since I looked at one..

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

bpr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bpr »

Thanks I will give it a try.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”