Short Circuit on Motor

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Crawdaddy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Short Circuit on Motor

Post by Crawdaddy »

I have a problem with my table. I was cutting one day and all of the sudden the carriage stopped and went to the end and has never moved since. When I try to initialize it gives an error about a short circuit in the carriage gantry motor. I ordered a new motor and a new pigtail to the gantry motor and I still get the error. I have discovered it is hard to manually push the carriage, yet if I unhook the pigtail it moves easily. However, I discovered if I remove the belt on the side of the gantry motor even with the pigtail hooked up it will move easily. It doesn't appear to be out of square when I check that. I am just still getting short circuit on carriage gantry.

Anyone have any ideas?
Loyd
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Short Circuit on Motor

Post by Loyd »

I'd be checking out the cable. Has any pieces of hot metal hit your cable and melted some wires together? Maybe some plasma dust in the connections?
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
jerrybarrett
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Short Circuit on Motor

Post by jerrybarrett »

I agree with Lloyd on the dust . I unplug my cables about once every 2 days and blow them out with very low air pressure. Check your Z-AXIS motor mine will sometime stick and won't move . I use brake cleaner to wash screw thread's out then blow with air hose. Jerry Barrett

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”