Plasmacam - Multiple Cut Paths

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
wtw
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam - Multiple Cut Paths

Post by wtw »

In a design that has interior cutouts I'm having trouble getting the machine to continuously cut. If it says there are 27 cut paths selected I have to hit the start button 27 times. I wasn't having this problem yesterday. I scrapped the whole design and started over and keep having this issue. Any help is appreciated...
MetalTorcher
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Plasmacam - Multiple Cut Paths

Post by MetalTorcher »

Have you updated the software recently? What version of the software are you using? If you do a cut preview does that work normally?
Jason Lyon
PlasmaCAM DHC2
Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
Duramax mini torch with Snap n Cut
Everlast PowerMTS 251si
Torturing metal since 2014
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

On one of the settings pages you have the box clicked for "Pause after cut", un click it and it will stop pausing.

Jim Colt
wtw
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wtw »

You nailed it, Jim! That was it. Thank you for your help!

One more quick one - anyone else had a problem with it not finishing the cut every time? We cut several of the same pattern out, and some of them are complete cuts and fall right out and others it just doesn't quite finish the cut. I adjusted the 'gap at end of loop setting', but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Just not sure what else to look at. Machine is actually my father in law's machine, I'm just trying to help get him going as much as I can. Thanks for the input!
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

Changing the gap at the end of the loop setting may not change a existing cut path. If there was a gap at the end of the cut path already, simply delete the existing cut path. Then, change the gap at the end of the loop setting to '0' then, then make an new cut path and it should take care of the problem. If all else fails, plasmacam's tech team can definitely help out.

Hope this helps, Brother.

JAG

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”