ThermalDyn 81 shuts computer down...why?

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

ThermalDyn 81 shuts computer down...why?

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

Well, I've been crossing my T's and dotting my Y's...ran test patterns with a pencil yesterday and thought it was time to finally do a cut. So, I triple checked everything, zero'd and the second I turned of the torch the computer shut down. Started from scratch, re-booted, went into device manager and shut down the wireless network card, turned on the torch and it shut the computer off again. I have the start, wait and height wired directly into the board in the torch and everything is wired right...any ideas???
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
SCHIDTHEAD

Re: ThermalDyn 81 shuts computer down...why?

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

It doesn't shut down when the start, wait and height are disconnected from the control box...BTW I'm running a WinCNC controller
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
SCHIDTHEAD

Re: ThermalDyn 81 shuts computer down...why?

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

found that I had a wiring problem--feeding 12 volts back directly int othe controller when I turned the torch on that shut down the computer.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”