Plate Marker

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
1MORECUT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Plate Marker

Post by 1MORECUT »

Here's a picture and the link https://youtu.be/pHoklaZ6ljY to my plate marker I made for my DHC2.

John 8-)

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Plate Marker

Post by PlasmaMac »

Nice work John! Since I really don't want to mess with making my own, I am ordering the one that plasmacam is offering. I am extremely excited about it!! I got a hold of some sample that were made with plasmacam's plate marker and the quality was top notch!

Keep up the good work,

JAG
chrisj380
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by chrisj380 »

Hey John, I've been looking around besides Brian at PlasmaCam your is the only setup i seen like his. I'm not to engineer savvy and would like to set up one of these on my machine. I don't really know how you guys have it set up or where to buy the parts from. I'm lost and would be willing to pay for some kind of parts list instructions on how to go about building one of these. I have the DHC2 with advanced height control. Any hep would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chris
weldor2005
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by weldor2005 »

chrisj380 wrote:Hey John, I've been looking around besides Brian at PlasmaCam your is the only setup i seen like his. I'm not to engineer savvy and would like to set up one of these on my machine. I don't really know how you guys have it set up or where to buy the parts from. I'm lost and would be willing to pay for some kind of parts list instructions on how to go about building one of these. I have the DHC2 with advanced height control. Any hep would be appreciated.
Thanks, Chris
I am in the process of making a detailed video of how I am making one for my DHC2, if you have the patients for its completion it will have part numbers and sources for everything!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IELaT7pnMQ

I am getting some good input from several people smarter than me, but in the end intend it to be a tutorial for those that want to make their own. Ultimately I am about $300 into it, a far cry from the $1000 that PlasmaCam wants.
David Finch CWI

Plenty of welders
Plasmacam 4x4 with DHC2
PowerMax 45
Lots of other toys
chrisj380
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by chrisj380 »

Yes sir I will stay tuned to see yours. Thanks so much.
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

I have a seen few DIY plate marking set ups on a plasmacam that will engrave somewhat decently, however I still have not come across a DIY engraving setup that produces markings that are of exceptional quality quiet like the engraver that plasmacam offers.

The one from plasmacam is nothing short of awesome! Anyone that purchases one, will tell you the same thing vs. anything that they have tried to rig up for a lower price. If you are doing a lot of engraving and require a certain level of excellence in your work.... plasmacam's engraver is top notch. Their engraver actually also has the ability to automatically sense and detect material and will work off the advanced height control! This (material sensing capability) makes a huge difference in marking quality.

Like always...it boils down to this: you'll get what you pay for.

By the time one of my pals rigged up his engraving pen.... the one that was purchased from plasmacam had already produced enough of a benefit for me that it paid for it self many times over...and still, his doesn't even come close to the marking quality of mine despite all of the hours of he has spent constantly fiddling and tinkering with it.

Nevertheless, I know some of you guys have mad skills in the shop! (Probably far beyond that of my friend's and mine combined)...

Good luck fellas and definitely keep us posted!

JAG
1MORECUT

Post by 1MORECUT »

PlasmaMac,

Can you show us guy some of you engraving, it would help us think about PlasmaCams engraver. :?: :?: :?:

1morecut 8-)
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

Hey John,

I am limited to my older phone cam for digital media. The lens is seems to be damaged. I am probably going to get something better this week. I've been holding off because I don't want to get rid of my Blackberry.....and my cell phone company no longer offers blackberry anything. Do they still make digital camcorders?...I kind of miss them since my phone cam lens seems to get scratched up on every smart phone I have ever owned. I'll try my best to get something together as soon as I can.

JAG

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”