converting to cut path problem

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Jeff M
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

converting to cut path problem

Post by Jeff M »

When I open an image from a disc, it looks fine. I convert it to cut path and all of these little wiggly circles appear in a lot of locations around the perimiter. Needless to say, the torch goes crazy trying to cut all this crap @ 135 ipm. Can someone tell me how to clean this up for a smooth cut ?

Jeff M
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: converting to cut path problem

Post by Craig »

Jeff,
If you have the Advanced version of Design Edge then simply check the box for ?Exclude Crossovers? on the ?offset/ Convert? tab of the ?Settings? window. If you have the standard version then you will have to clean up by hand.

Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

In the past I have scaled the drawing larger, converted it, then scaled it back down. Any method you use has its advantages and disadvantages.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by geo4932 »

Jeff,
If you are using the Plasmacam art disc you can open the image that already has the cut paths and use it as is.

If you want to apply tour own cut paths and you do not have the "Exclude Crossovers" feature, you can apply a Smooth to the drawing before converting to cut path. Highlight the drawing a and then select EDIT-SMOOTH. Type in .002 and hit ENTER. Also use a smaller kerf offset.
George

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”