Engraver on plasmacam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Kev03
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Engraver on plasmacam

Post by Kev03 »

I was looking to put an engraver on my plasmacam DHC2. I saw one guy on you-tube had success. Does anyone have any have any info on this. I was just wandering how you could offset tool on the design edge is like having a router hooked up.

I have some plates to mark for a job, I know I cant do both with a tool change. Id like to mount engraver next to torch and turn it on when I want to engrave and change some setting in program and then move engraver up out of the way and change program back for plasma.

Thought or help would be great.
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Engraver on plasmacam

Post by geo4932 »

You could make an engraver holder and bolt it to the right or left side of the torch holder.
You would then measure the offset between the torch and the engraver. Set up your drawing for the engraver.
After engraving you would offset the drawing by the distance between the torch and engraver. Lets say the offset is 1.5 inch. Highlight the drawing. Hit "M" for Move. Click on the drawing. Type @1.5,0 then hit Enter. That moves the drawing 1.5 inches to the right. Use -1.5 to move to the left.
George

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”