DHC2 Basic

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

DHC2 Basic

Post by RobertJohnson »

So, I've had my plasma cam over a year now. I thought I was running everything correctly. It wasn't until I read a post about the z axis not functioning correctly. Someone suggested changing the force to 20 or something like that. Mine was set to zero. I wondered why sometimes my z axis would go up sometimes it wouldn't. Changed it to 10lbs of force and bam! My zaxis is actually doing what it's supposed to be doing. Dang it! Only reason, this is such a big deal to me, is cause I tried to follow the cut chart fir 30 amp consumables. Would work for a bit, then it would lose signal cause the torch would raise high enough between cuts! Hope this is the answer to all my frustrations for now.
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: DHC2 Basic

Post by RobertJohnson »

I noticed it defaults to 12 for 14 ga settings. It's like I just upgraded without upgrading. You guys and gals do not know how frustrated I was. I would have to stop the cutter, raise the heighth between cuts, frustrating. Now, I'm happy, should be getting a nee 45, life just got good!
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: DHC2 Basic

Post by geo4932 »

The DHC2 z-motor settings should normally be set to 36 pounds and a speed of 104.5
George

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”