Ok......power supply question for plasma table

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Ok......power supply question for plasma table

Post by tentonjj »

I've got the details down to the precision plasma table, and the hypotherm 45. Total purchase of $2500 about. Now the power supply and program is where I'm having an issue I an about $800 short of the candcnc software purchase of $1250. Is there a cheaper route that anyone knows about as far as this? I'm sure everyone has different components. I want to make sure that I'm on the right track!
Thanks in advance
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Ok......power supply question for plasma table

Post by jimcolt »

That will make for a pretty low cost machine. You probably won't find any new equipment that will bolt together as easily as what you have specified. The bonus is that Tom at C and CNC will provide great support to help you get going, as usual. Once you are ready to cut metal don't hesitate to consult with me to get your plasma system running. Something you will need to think about for future.....upgrading the system with a full function torch height control....Tom can help you out there as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

Thanks Jim fir the input. Ron at PP said it comes with the height control. I guess it makes sense to get the right stuff at the begining. I'll just need to sell some mor decals lol. That will give me time to get the room set up.
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The Precision plasma system comes with the z axis slide assembly. To make the height control active you need to be sure to order the stuff from c and cnc that includes torch height control. It will include one of their torch height control modules as well as a z axis drive motor.

Jim
minnfatz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by minnfatz »

I am running a Precision Plasma table with the Dragon cut from C and CNC. I really like both of their stuff. If you have any questions on the equipment I would be more than happy to answer them.
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

minnfatz wrote:I am running a Precision Plasma table with the Dragon cut from C and CNC. I really like both of their stuff. If you have any questions on the equipment I would be more than happy to answer them.
Jus got done ordering from them yesterday..........everyone on here has been very helpful in making my descision.

one thing i guess would be the assembly process, any issues or thins to look out for
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
minnfatz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by minnfatz »

Well, I bought the 4x4 build it yourself table, so I am not really knowledgable with the 2x2 table. I would say that making sure everything is square is very important. Also, when you get the table up and running, don't forget to run the Z offset and make sure the parameters are set up correctly for the material thickness you are cutting. That may take a little trial and error, but it's all fun.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”