It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 am

Hyperterm powermax 85 vs Jackel plasma 120s

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
xelalem

Hyperterm powermax 85 vs Jackel plasma 120s

Postby xelalem » Thu May 10, 2018 5:37 am

Hello, This is 1st time on this site, i live in Ethiopia( Africa) and i made a cnc plasma system with hyperterm powermax45 and is working great, Now i want to make another cnc plasma machine with 20+mm capability and i was considering to buy powermax 85, but there is no hyperterm distributor here, and it took me a long time to import my powermax45 to Ethiopia, but there is jackle 120s plasma cutter available here

http://roussakis.com.gr/product/jackle-plasma-cutting-metals-120s/

which costs about 4750USD, my question is how good is Jackle 120s plasma cutter compared with hyperterm powermax85 with respect to cut quality, consumable life and consumable price , and Electronic interference.

Rodw

Re: Hyperterm powermax 85 vs Jackel plasma 120s

Postby Rodw » Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 am

The company you linked to lists the Hypertherm 85 on their web site. I'd be concerned about the HF start on the Jackle for CNC use.

xelalem

Postby xelalem » Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 am

Dear rodw, the link was to show the product, the jackel plasma 120s is here in ethiopia, if i decide i can buy it today but power max will take me at least 3 months.

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Postby acourtjester » Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Welcome aboard
The way it looks is you could buy the Jackel and may have problems with the HV start which is discussed on many posts here.
I would try and find a local in your country that has used the Jackel product with a CNC Plasma table to see if they have problems.
Since this is a Greek seller there is very little chance of a US member being able to give you info on reliability, there may be members outside the US that could help.
Or buy the Hypertherm 85 and not have problems, you already state the PM 45 works great sometimes time spent is a good investment.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”