Another trigger safety bypass problem 45XP

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Another trigger safety bypass problem 45XP

Post by Billythegoat »

Been searching for hours on how to bypass trigger safety on my 45XP to use my 15 degree torch on my table. Just wondering if anyone knows how to change the wiring in the duramax connector or torch body so that the cutter thinks it is a machine torch.

I am leaving the 15 degree torch on my table at all times and would rather change the wiring in torch lead than inside of the machine so that I can safely use my 75 degree hand torch.

I have tried the small jumper wire going between connections on the machine side but that didn't work. Granted the jumper wire instructions were for PM45 not 45XP.

I have also been looking for pictures of the end of the machine torch connection to compare and try to figure out the difference between the two. Wire color diagrams, anything to help please. Thanks Eric
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Another trigger safety bypass problem 45XP

Post by jimcolt »

While this is not recommended....if you download the Service Manual from the documents library at www.hypertherm.com you will have system wiring diagrams. Cannot recommend bypassing safety related circuitry! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”