It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 am

45xp opinions

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bunker

45xp opinions

Postby Bunker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:03 pm

Could I please get some feedback from people who are running the 45xp on their tables.Ive orderd a small starter table from Langmuir systems and was wanting to pair it with the 45xp.I can afford the 65 but think the 45xp will be enough but I would rather get the one that will be more reliable.thanks

jimcolt
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: 45xp opinions

Postby jimcolt » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:36 am

The 45XP will cut just fine on the Langmuir machine. Keep in mind that there is no height control on these tables. If you plan to cut materials thinner than 3/16" you can pierce and cut at the same height for decent cut quality. Thicker than 3/16" you will need to manuall set the pierce height (which is higher than the cut height), pierce, then stop and manually set the cut height (.06" off the surface), then start from the previously pierced hole. The Powermax45XP can pierce 1/2" all day automatically if you have a full function (sense the surface location, retract to pierce height, fire the torch and pierce, index to cut height, start x-y motion) height control as most cnc plasma tables do...then the piercing, cutting and height control are automated. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”