Hypertherm powermax 65 arc problem

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
mgkhasan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm powermax 65 arc problem

Post by mgkhasan »

Been using this EXACT same setup for a long time now, haven't changed a thing. Used the machine last night, fired up the table today and no arc coming. Tried new tip/electrode and no difference. Air pressure is good (again nothing ever changed)
Played around with some things and from what I can tell the plasma won't fire. There is no adjustment for post flow on my plasma either, only cutting current.

What could cause this?

Please please need it urgently.
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm powermax 65 arc problem

Post by plasmanewbie »

Your Pmax 65 should display an error code on the LCD screen. Do you see an error code? Can you reply with pic of this LCD screen?
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I'm sure your a machine torch?? jump connectors 3 & 4 on the connector and the torch should fire.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

1. try to fire the torch....when it does not fire immediately look at the LCD display. If there was a start signal from the machine..and the plasma would not fire there will be an error code. If no error code present, the problem is likely with the machine output or interface connections.
2. If there is an error code, look it up in the troubleshooting section of the Powermax operators manual. It could be a number of things (air pressure usually)...this will help you figure it out.
3. The knob on the front panel will adjust Amperage or cut air pressure. If your system is set in Auto mode, you cannot adjust the cut pressure (leave it in auto mode for best consumable life and cut quality). If you want to change the cut pressure...refer to the operating instructions in your manual to switch to manual mode for changing cut pressure. There is no adjustment for post flow time, that is necessary for consumable and torch cooling.
4. You can always contact Hypertherm technical service: 1 800 643 9878 or technical.service@hypertherm.com Jim Colt Hypertherm

mgkhasan wrote:Been using this EXACT same setup for a long time now, haven't changed a thing. Used the machine last night, fired up the table today and no arc coming. Tried new tip/electrode and no difference. Air pressure is good (again nothing ever changed)
Played around with some things and from what I can tell the plasma won't fire. There is no adjustment for post flow on my plasma either, only cutting current.

What could cause this?

Please please need it urgently.
mgkhasan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mgkhasan »

Thanks everyone. But no error. That is the problem. Cant find the problem.
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
mgkhasan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mgkhasan »

plasmanewbie wrote:Your Pmax 65 should display an error code on the LCD screen. Do you see an error code? Can you reply with pic of this LCD screen?
Attachments
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

No error code on the plasma....means the plasma is not receiving a start signal. Unplug the CPC connector next and jumper pins 3 and 4 (with plasma on and ready to fire)....if it fires....then you have proven the plasma is not the fault. Now you need to review the machine side of the interface. Jim Colt Hypertherm
mgkhasan
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mgkhasan »

Thanks everyone for your valuable reply. I fixed my machine now. Fault on the NC studio power supply.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”