Hypertherm Post flow

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Hypertherm Post flow

Post by Old Iron »

I know this is an old machine but, it is what I have.
Hypertherm Powermax 600 I installed a PAC123m machine torch on this machine and the air post flow is so long that the torch will misfire.
With the PAC123t hand torch I don't have this issue.
The question: Is there a way to shorten the post flow to correct this problem? Or what do I need to look for in the connection to the machine?
I have not been able to find a wiring diagram of the quick connect for the PAC123m to the Powermax 600
I'm using Mach3, sheetcam and Qcad (licensed)

Thanks In advance
Jim
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm Post flow

Post by Old Iron »

Ok
Today the torch was almost flawless which leads me to believe that something else controls the post flow on the powermax 600. Like one of the programs ie. sheetcam.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The post flow time is fixed on the Powermax600, and the unit is designed to start at any time during post flow (it shuts of air momentarily to allow the blow back electrode to contact the nozzle, then reactivates air flow to "blow back" the electrode to fire the torch. It is possible that the air solenoid valve that controls air flow may be sticking in the flow position......which would cause misfiring and long post flow. There is no adjustment to postflow. Tech service at Hypertherm can help troubleshoot. technical.service@hypertherm.com or 1 800 643 9878 . Jim Colt Hypertherm
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Thx JIm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”