Question on Powermax 45

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Question on Powermax 45

Post by OTHill »

I've been running a PM 65 with hand torch on my plasma table. I want to run it with a PM 45 with a hand held torch now.What changes do I need to make? Maybe just the trigger bypass the same as the 65? Does the 45 have the voltage divider? What should it be set at? I have the Candcnc Blade runner.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Question on Powermax 45

Post by jimcolt »

The connections will be similar to the connections with the Powermax65. I suggest consulting with CandCNC.com to ensure the connections are correct. Jim Colt Hypertherm
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

The 45 has the same CPC connector with the voltage divider and START and Transfer pairs so your MIC-01 cable will work the same. You will still need to bypass the hand torch safety circuit The 45 has just a 50:1 divide ratio so the PWM divider setting has to be on the 50:1 . That may be what you already have it at if your 65 was set at 50:1 (default from factory)
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks Jim and Tom.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”