Torch not firing

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
gdj966
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Torch not firing

Post by gdj966 »

Hi.. Hopefully someone may be able to help me out. I have a Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax machine torch, running candcnc bladerunner dthc2. Mach3. Precision Plasma. Machine has been working good till last week. Now when I try to cut something out the torch just makes a little pop sound with a very week spark and insatntly goes out. air will run for a few seconds (within specs) after spark out. If I take the consumables out and put them back in the torch will fire every time manually using torch on and off in mach3. (ALL new consumables, swirl ring "O" ring everything) The second it comes within 3/8 inch of the steel sheet the torch will not fire, just makes a pop and goes out. Earth ground and also grounded to steel sheet. Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.
Thank you
GDJ966
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch not firing

Post by jimcolt »

Sounds like an electrical noise issue. If you jumper the start signal (input CPC port on pins 3 and 4) with the torch within striking distance of the plate...the torch should fire and pierce through the plate. If it works this way.....but not when interfaced to your control then electrical noise may be bouncing the start input relay....if so, work with CandCNC.com for advice. Jim Colt Hypertherm
gdj966
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by gdj966 »

Thank you Jim for your response.. I will try it on tuesday when i get to work..
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

There is a RED Torch LED on the PWM module that shows the status of the Torch Fire Relay that directly fires the torch by shorting pins 3 and 4 . If its on then the torch should fire. If the torch fires every time from the screen button then it should fire from code Its the same exact circuit in both cases.

I am not sure I understand the part where you say "If I take the consumables out and put them back in..." Does that mean it won't fire manually (from the screen button UNLESS you do that?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”