Hypertherm 85 question for Jim Colt

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Railmen
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Hypertherm 85 question for Jim Colt

Post by Railmen »

Good evening Jim, got a question for ya, have you seen any knock off consumables for the 65/85 machine????

I picked up a box of nozzles and electrodes for a good deal from a business that was closing.

I've just started running theses and seems like they just are not the same, or maybe i changed a setting to change the cuts??

If you have seen some, how close are they?? The printing on them close?? Package close??

And really tell tails on if they are knock off's

Railmen
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 85 question for Jim Colt

Post by jimcolt »

There are a lot of knock offs out there. Packaging is copied, laser marking is copied. We have a full time staff including two patent attorneys that chase these guys (they are almost always from China) continuously.....we shut down one operation then they start right back up in another location. Poor cut quality, poor consumable life and potential torch damage are the result to the end user.

If you can send me clear pics of the packaging and consumables I'd be happy to hand it over to our team to see if they are aftermarket or genuine. jim.colt@hypertherm.com Jim
Railmen
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm 85 question for Jim Colt

Post by Railmen »

Will do, I feel that these are mostly knock off's, just cut a full sheet of 1/2 about 4400 inches and the electrode is NFG

I will send those sometime here when i get a few free monuments.

Thx again.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”