about to blow up my table and machine, need parts!

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

about to blow up my table and machine, need parts!

Post by Steel & Wheel »

So I purchased a Westcott CNC Plasma table about 3 months ago and have yet to use it due to various issues. I am down to the last issue which I did not know about in the beginning of this whole process. I Have a Hypertherm Powermax 1100 and need to connect it to my table, my machine does not have the machine interface card which was optional. And since my machine is now "end of life" hypertherm no longer makes it. My question is does anyone have any info on where to get the part or have one them selves.
thanks in advance
Tom
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: about to blow up my table and machine, need parts!

Post by Steel & Wheel »

sorry.... the part number I need is 128144
thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Speak with Wescott, determine what signals you need (Raw Arc voltage, Plasma start, Arc transfer) and I'll look at the schematics and help determine where to pick the signals from. The Powermax1100 was short lived, and was manufactured roughly 20 years ago.....so new parts such as an interface board will not be found easily. Jim Colt Hypertherm
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

http://www.bakersgas.com/HYP128144.html

Googling "Hypertherm 128144” brought up several sources. Bakers lete add it to my cart, so I assume it is in stock.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Steel & Wheel »

jimcolt wrote:Speak with Wescott, determine what signals you need (Raw Arc voltage, Plasma start, Arc transfer) and I'll look at the schematics and help determine where to pick the signals from. The Powermax1100 was short lived, and was manufactured roughly 20 years ago.....so new parts such as an interface board will not be found easily. Jim Colt Hypertherm

After speaking with CandCNC I can use their universal kit to connect and they require
Raw arc volts (2 conductors)
Torch start signal (2 conductors)
Thankyou!!
Last edited by Steel & Wheel on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Steel & Wheel »

motoguy wrote:http://www.bakersgas.com/HYP128144.html

Googling "Hypertherm 128144” brought up several sources. Bakers lete add it to my cart, so I assume it is in stock.
I've called Bakers and about 20 others and no one actually has it in stock, I guess they just order as needed from Hypertherm.
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

Ppm Jim Colt and see if he can help from the Hypertherm side?
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Steel & Wheel »

motoguy wrote:Ppm Jim Colt and see if he can help from the Hypertherm side?
I hear Jim is the man! He actually commented on this post and I'm awaiting his reply. thanks!
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I would suggest using the universal kit from CandCNC.

Jim Colt
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Steel & Wheel »

jimcolt wrote:I would suggest using the universal kit from CandCNC.

Jim Colt
Hi Jim, I have their kit but I do not know where to get the raw arc volts from. I seen another post of yours on another site but it didn't match up with my machine.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

All you have to do is look inside and find the where the workclamp lead is tied to the main board ...that is POS Raw Arc volts. Connect it to the + (pos) of the raw arc volts on the RAV card in the kit. Then look at the wires coming out of the torch. The heavy wires (usually white) are the Electrode side and not where they attached to the a connector inside. That is you NEG (-) raw arc volts. The Universal Kit has a digital Current probe that slides over your workclamp wire and plugs into the front of the Sensor PWM module. It reads DC current and lets acts as the ARC OK signal.

You might benefit from the detailed manual for the DTHCIV. If its the Widows/MACH version there is a manual for that. The LINUX/CommandCNC version has a different manual but both have a section on using the Universal connection kit.

You can always get support from us on our equipment even if it was put on a table and sold as a system. Support Forum is monitored daily including weekends and most holidays. Emails work too.

We have help connect Hypertherms 600's, 900's, 1100. 1000/1250/1650 and the full 45 to 125 Powermax line. Along the way we have owned several models and currently have a 45, 65 and 85 in our lab. We also have experience on lots of other brands .

Once you get it hooked up you wil need to go though the DTHC setup including the Initial Cut Test .
Steel & Wheel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Steel & Wheel »

tcaudle wrote:All you have to do is look inside and find the where the workclamp lead is tied to the main board ...that is POS Raw Arc volts. Connect it to the + (pos) of the raw arc volts on the RAV card in the kit. Then look at the wires coming out of the torch. The heavy wires (usually white) are the Electrode side and not where they attached to the a connector inside. That is you NEG (-) raw arc volts. The Universal Kit has a digital Current probe that slides over your workclamp wire and plugs into the front of the Sensor PWM module. It reads DC current and lets acts as the ARC OK signal.

You might benefit from the detailed manual for the DTHCIV. If its the Widows/MACH version there is a manual for that. The LINUX/CommandCNC version has a different manual but both have a section on using the Universal connection kit.

You can always get support from us on our equipment even if it was put on a table and sold as a system. Support Forum is monitored daily including weekends and most holidays. Emails work too.

We have help connect Hypertherms 600's, 900's, 1100. 1000/1250/1650 and the full 45 to 125 Powermax line. Along the way we have owned several models and currently have a 45, 65 and 85 in our lab. We also have experience on lots of other brands .

Once you get it hooked up you wil need to go though the DTHC setup including the Initial Cut Test .

So with the 2 spades connected to torch and work clamp while using the current prob I DONT need to hook up the "arc ok" connection on the RAV board?
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sphurley »

Make sure you use 300volt or better insulated wire for the voltage.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

So with the 2 spades connected to torch and work clamp while using the current prob I DONT need to hook up the "arc ok" connection on the RAV board?
No. The DCP handles that function. ALl you hav eto do is find the raw volts, get the polarity right (set the jumper in the PWM module to 7:1) and find the wires that fire the torch (torch switch pair on the PWM module 4 wide connector.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”