Hypertherm Air Dryer Needs

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
txbobcat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Hypertherm Air Dryer Needs

Post by txbobcat »

In a low humidity environment here in the SW would the online set of air dryer filters be fine or should I still go refridgerated air sysytem?
Thanks
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm Air Dryer Needs

Post by urbnsr »

I started with a desiccant dryer along with a couple of pre-filters and that seemed to take care of most (all?) moisture, but I'm not in a low humidity location and noticed the desiccant became pink during high humidity times.

I then added a refrigeration air dryer before most filters - Now the pink desiccant is almost clear/white. I feel I have moisture free air now and even those pre-filters have no moisture to drain after a day's cutting.

You may want to consider adding just the desiccant dryer system and monitor it to decide if you need more. As filters/dryers are added, more restrictions are also added. More isn't always better...

HTH
Paul
txbobcat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by txbobcat »

Thanks

I have ran my miller 625 in the past with one inline desiccant and it worked great. Of course it was just occasional use not any heavy use.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

As long as you regularly drain your air compressor tank.....and when doing so you don't see large amounts of water accumulating (say more than 1/4 cup or so after a busy day of cutting)...then the onboard particulate filter and coalescing separator on the Hypertherm Powermax units is adequate. Some will argue that point, however from 39 plus years of working for Hypertherm that is the way it is! If you notice a fair amount of moisture in the cleat plastic bowl on the Hypertherm separator....then you may want to consider additional moisture control.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

txbobcat wrote:In a low humidity environment here in the SW would the online set of air dryer filters be fine or should I still go refridgerated air sysytem?
Thanks
txbobcat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by txbobcat »

Thank you sir.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”