new powermax 65 fault code

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

new powermax 65 fault code

Post by Bigjoe »

I was running torch at 40 amps, noticed that arc had stopped, unit flashed a fault code but did not stay. shut down everything is there a way to retrieve a fault code ? cannot find it in the book. did a restart ,no code, test cut 2'' square ok . is cooling fan supposed to run only when temp rises on internal components? my email is xfrito@prodigy.net I would like to confer with you if at all possible. thanks joe c.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new powermax 65 fault code

Post by jimcolt »

Contact technical service, they can help you retrieve the last few fault codes. You can also download the service manual at www.hypertherm.com and it can help you access the service screen. technical.service@hypertherm.com or 1 800 643 9878. Cooling fan only runs when needed, this is to minimize the intake of shop dust. A momentary inlet air pressure issue, or a droop in input line voltage can cause a momentary code flash on the screen.

You can always contact me at jim.colt@hypertherm.com I am not tech service, but can help answer your questions.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

thanks for the reply, looks like I have to take it in for a look by a tech. am considering a 45 xp for a backup and some marking purposes, will the machine torch fit from my 65 fit the 45?
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Yes...the Duramax machine torches are the same for the 45 XP, 65, 85 and 105 systems. Jim
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

mr colt . thankyou for your reply and many others, you truly are the GURU of the plasma world, I have seen your videos , your work, your answers to many many questions put out there by people like us trying to get educated on the art of plamsa machining if you will.. your unbiased opinion is welcome.. hypertherm should be very happy to have you working for them . sincerely joe calogero

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”