powermax 30 hand torch

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

powermax 30 hand torch

Post by Bigjoe »

gonna try a little freehand cutting, after some of what I have seen . steady hands I do not have. anyway I hooked up my air supply to the machine and get a constant flow of air ? its been awhile since I used it ,is this normal I don't remember. darn compressor runs too much.. as compared to my pm65.. thanks in advance joe
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: powermax 30 hand torch

Post by jimcolt »

The air should start flowing when you pull the trigger.....then there should be a 15 to 20 second cooling post flow after you release the trigger. The torch will refire at any time during postflow.

If the air flows all the time (even with power disconnected)...the torch will not fire. This would indicate that the internal air solenoid valve is probably stuck open......which can happen from moisture or debris in your air line. Jim Colt Hypertherm
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

thanks that's what I thought I remember, the torch does still fire though, I will remove cover and see what I can see. thanks again.. joe
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

found the problem, cracked filter bowl, I thought the air was flowing from the sound, but just coming from crack in bottom.. however I cannot seem to find a replacement on the hypersite, any ideas?
Bigjoe
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bigjoe »

well after talking to hypertherm, the part is the same as the xp , ordered one and should be back in business shortly
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Always best to call Hypertherm tech service, they may need your machine serial number but can supply you with part numbers in seconds. 1800 643 9878 or technical.service@hypertherm.com Jim Colt Hypertherm
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Cracked filter bowls are often caused by use with a compressed air line with high pressure. The Powermax30 has a maximum inlet pressure rating of 120 psi......if above that the first thing to fail is the filter bowl. Jim Colt

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”