Fire extinguisher mount

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
RockRanger
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Fire extinguisher mount

Post by RockRanger »

Thanks for all the great files. I just picked up a Torchmate table and look forward to getting it up and running.

Here is a fire extinguisher mount I made. Use hose clamps on one side to hold the mount to the fire extinguisher and then the other side gets bolted to where ever you need it. Then one hole gets a bolt through it and the other use a pull pin. Pull the pin and lift the extinguisher out. It is drawn with 1/4" holes. They may need to be enlarged for better use.

Fire mount1 flat.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Fire extinguisher mount

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Thanks beats the cheap plastic they come with, which dont last a long as it takes to put them up.
Mike
azfabshop
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by azfabshop »

Much Thanks! What do you use for the pull pin? Does it use a spring inside? Kinda interested in how you make that mechanism. Thanks again!
RockRanger
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RockRanger »

The pull pin came from McMaster Carr. It was around $15 so way more expensive then the rest of the mount. You can also use the small spring loaded hitch pins they sell at Home Depot. They are only a buck or two.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

Sorry to bring up a zombie thread, but I had someone recently ask if I was still selling these still. Well since my injury, I don't do much metalwork anymore so I thought I'd just share the files for my fire extinguisher mounts in this same thread to keep them all together.

I make the main part of the mount out of 1/8" steel, but the parts that mount on the bar and fire extinguisher I make out of 14 ga steel, so I have two different files for each mount. I also have two different designs, one looks alot like RockRangers mount, and one with speed holes because everyone knows speed holes make it go faster.

If I remember correctly... I used a 3/8" X 3/4" bolt and a 3/8" lock nut for the one end of the mount, and a 3/8" X 1-1/4" pin on the other end. The pin is those kind with the tiny spring loaded ball bearing in one end, and a keyring type thing on the other end. I got mine at Menards for like 1.50 each I think.

Here's what I call the Korda Mount:

korda_mount.dxf
korda_mount.cdr

Here's what I call the SoCal mount:

speedhole_mount.dxf
speedhole_mount.cdr

And here is the bar mount (this is enough for two) the slits in the center of the bar mounts are to make it easier to bend into a "V" so it will wrap around the rounded shape of the fire extinguisher and roll bar tubing better. The holes are there just in case they don't want the bend in there, and are planning on bolting it to a flat surface instead, the shorter, non holy part is for the fire extinguisher:

bar_mount.dxf
bar_mount.cdr

A completed SoCal mount:

I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
RockRanger
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RockRanger »

Thanks for the different style. I like some of the things you did differently then I did.
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

Thanks for the share, this is awesome. Both the original and improved version. Do you have a picture of the flip side? I'd like to see how the pin comes through and is secure.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

RockRanger wrote:Thanks for the different style. I like some of the things you did differently then I did.
That's what I love about the internet, seeing other peoples ideas, what you like about them, and incorporating those ideas into your own projects.

whiskeymike wrote:Thanks for the share, this is awesome. Both the original and improved version. Do you have a picture of the flip side? I'd like to see how the pin comes through and is secure.
Sorry, I don't... Here's an old pic of what the pin looks like though...

I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
RGR
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by RGR »

whiskeymike wrote:Thanks for the share, this is awesome. Both the original and improved version. Do you have a picture of the flip side? I'd like to see how the pin comes through and is secure.
that slotted end will slide over the "bolt" and the "pin" will slide through the closed hole side and secures it to the mount. I think thats what you were asking.
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by whiskeymike »

Yep, that's great. One of the posts mentioned a spring pin, I assume to reduce rattles, but it looks like a regular pin. Definitely going to make up a few of these.
charliepop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by charliepop »

Thanks for sharing. I worked at a 4wheel drive shop several years ago and we had something like this. I liked it alot.
PERDMIER
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by PERDMIER »

here is one i put together with a welded catch pin instead of a bolt...

PERDMIER

Post by PERDMIER »

thank you for the great idea and share!
PERDMIER

Post by PERDMIER »

this is a revised idea I am getting ready to waterjet.... It is a slightly shorter in mounting height and has a few other changes...

speedhole_mount REV2.zip

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”