Awesome Font Library...I highly recommend this collection!

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Awesome Font Library...I highly recommend this collection!

Post by plasmanewbie »

I bought the "10,000 Fonts" as advertised at the top of some of these pages and am absolutely thrilled! For 20 bucks I would recommend this collection to anyone. Not only did I find awesome fonts I had never seen before, many fonts are ideally suited for plasma cutting by keeping the centers of O's, B's, A's, R's and other problem letters together. A great find in my books. Here's the ad I found
ad_font.jpg
Here's the link to preview all 10,000 fonts before buying them

http://www.plasmaspider.com/fonts/catalog/

Here's the link to buy them

plasmanewbie :D

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by plasmanewbie on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
plasmanewbie

How to Install the Fonts

Post by plasmanewbie »

I am no Windows wizard but this is how I did it:

1-click on "My Computer"
2-double click on "C:" drive
3-double click on "WINDOWS" folder
4:double click on "FONTS"

You will now see all the fonts that are on your computer listed in that folder.

"Drag" the font you want to install from the folder it is in and "Drop" it into the "FONTS" folder.

You can also "Copy' and "Paste" the font from one folder to the other.

This will work perfect if you can make sense of my lame instruction. :?
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Awesome Font Library...I highly recommend this collection!

Post by cuttinparts »

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. I also bought the "Ultimate Font Download" package and found your advice on installing the fonts very helpful. There is a huge demand in my area for custom metal signage and these fonts are really going to be useful for me. Thanks again for the help guys.
fab-man
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by fab-man »

Just bought the 10,000 fonts collection for myself. Awesome. What a deal for 20 bucks!

I just found this board a couple days ago and I want to thank whoever put this together. I have downloaded a lot of the available dxf clip art files and now I have found these fonts to play with and mix in with the art files.

I have never had so much fun with my plasma table and the resources and expertise on this board are making it easy for me to cut killer looking stuff.

Thanks again Plasmaspider.com.

Fab-Man ;)
oakycreek
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Font Library - How do you put these to use?

Post by oakycreek »

First, I should say that the only software that I use to generate files for my plasma table (trackercnc 4x8) is AutoCad. I have found that I have to trace the font files in AutoCad to use them, and thats a huge pain in the butt. So how are you guys using these font files with your machines? And what software do you use to make files for cnc?

Thanks

Oakycreek
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Metal Lee »

Font files are added to your computer and then you can select the font you want when you are using your text function in your software, I have not used auto cad to much but I do use command'n cut software. All my designing is done with corelDraw X3, a bit of a learning curve but it is amaizing for designing,adding text/ welding two or more objects together with a complete path in the end, that means no joining line segments in the command'n cut software! All my designed files are saved as a .plt and then I open them in command 'n cut. I have opened a lot of DXF files and they have many line segments I am not sure If they are coming from auto cad or where. When you design in auto cad and save as a dxf do you need to join line segments in your cnc software? Can you type font in your auto cad and weld it on to an object?

ML
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
oakycreek
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by oakycreek »

ML,
Yes I have to join all the lines and then save it as a dxf. Autocad 2004 (the version I have) will not let you convert fonts (text) to line segments. It keeps them as a text element. Now a newer version may have more text options but I really don't want to shell out $5000 to find out.

I have corelDraw X3 but have never been able to figure out how to any design work with it. It could be that I've been using AutoCad for to many years to wrap my mind around it.

Thanks

Oakycreek
Metal Lee

Post by Metal Lee »

Now that's a nice clean .dxf file, 117 nodes and 15 subpath's all join and ready to cut, NICE!
If you choose to try and use your Corel Draw in the future and you need some help don't hesitate to contact and we can try to help. Have a look at some of my stuff www.leecraftmetalworks.com
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
azfabshop

Post by azfabshop »

I use DeskEngrave its a helpful piece of freeware!

http://www.deskam.com/deskengrave.html
brokenarrow
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by brokenarrow »

Why does the font change appearance as plasma cam text?
azfabshop

Post by azfabshop »

Plasmacam doesn't seem to like all the fonts so I have had good luck using Deskengrave to open the font file and write out the text I need then save it as a DXF. Then when you open Pcam you can import it and it will retain the way you saved it. Maybe someone can give an easier way but I found this to work for now. Good luck!
fyrpower
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by fyrpower »

be sure not to put all the fonts into your font folder, or your computer will run very very very slow.
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

I know, old post. but good info. Would it be best to delete some of the fonts in the current file before installing these?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I don't know what the limit is, but it is best to limit the number of fonts installed, it depends on the computer how much it slows down, but programs like corel draw read through all the installed font files when firing up, so they can display them in the font list with previews,

and when you go to select a font, you don't want too many to scroll through

I have about 250 fonts installed, if I need a font I don't have I browse my stored fonts with thumbs plus, and I can right click to install one when needed

before windows xp, I think there was a limit of about 1,000 fonts, I'd think windows xp and 7 (and 64 bit machines) can handle a lot more, but I haven't tested that theory
Kentuckyfarmer
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Kentuckyfarmer »

Will Desk engrave open and use the fonts from the 10,000 fonts ? And if so how do I get them to open in De with windows 7
Thanks Mike
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

Kentuckyfarmer wrote:Will Desk engrave open and use the fonts from the 10,000 fonts ? And if so how do I get them to open in De with windows 7
Thanks Mike
I just drag them into the fonts folder in the windows folder......i have 40000.......not all installed but thats how i do it.
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
CCK Metal Works
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by CCK Metal Works »

Having trouble downloading the catalog. Will it download it to where we can print out all of the fonts for a book for our customers to look at? The only way we can get it to download is where you can open only one font at a time.
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ironman »

I bought these a while back and there are lots of useful fonts here.
But.
The time consumed in sorting drives me nuts. If there was a way in the font manager to search for all Block fonts, or all Script, or Gothic, that would be great. The names don't tell you much
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

not sure if it helps but typograf seems like an interesting font manager, says it does sample sheets

I don't think font files have style attributes like block or script, could be wrong, but I think you'd have to manually sort and separate them to do that

some font manager programs support having fonts in mutliple folders, and the loading of user defined font sets

in windows 7 you can just right click on a font file to install it
maxman1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Fonts and Kudo's to Sign Torch...

Post by maxman1 »

I bought these awhile back and find them useful but also time consuming to locate and make a decent presentation to potential clients. Once I got the majority printed out and placed in a binder the font selection was easier...but then you have to deal with the client and the multiple fonts to choose from.... can take hours and end up with frustrated customers....
Best to keep things simple... take a few examples of what your fonts are and keep the choices to a minimum... Those that dont cut out without work.... back of the bus....

Now one last little comment.... Sign Torch... Your a definate master at solving problems this group of artists presents, your comments are clear, easy to follow, and your art work is top notch... Thanks for all your efforts! I have learned a lot from your efforts and will continue to learn as much as your willing to share!
Max

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”