DXF trial - SLOW DOWN SIGN

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

DXF trial - SLOW DOWN SIGN

Post by plasmajoe »

I just purchased AutoCad 2012, got fed up with the bugs of 2011. So I have this DXF for trial. Let me know if you can open it up and manipulate it please. I don't want to go through the Floor Grill thing again. :roll: The picture shows the o and the d as not stencilled but the DXF is set for stencil.

Plasma Joe

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Batcat
1 Star Elite Contributing Member
1 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DXF trial

Post by Batcat »

Opens in Autocad 2004 fine O and D show up in stencil.
5X10 Koike W/Microedge & 5X10 Vulcan W/D80
Hyp Sensor PHC Height Control both tables
Hyp PM 1250
Hyp PM 1000
Millermatic 250X
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

Opened fine in MasterCam. O & D were good. I could move things, scale them, rotate parts.

Larry
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by trucks1948 »

Seems to work great in coreldraw x5.Jim
redfarm
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by redfarm »

Opens and manipulates with DraftSight and the D shows as a stencil as well.
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Metal Lee »

Opens in X3 and X5 Corel Draw, showed there to be 343 objects when there should be 19, the great thing about X5 with a click of a button you can join them. In X3 you need to join them by hand using the node tool.
Great file Plasma Joe I am not sure if you have join line segment or there is a way in your set up to join those segments. Some table software will join them automaticaly..
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

Thanks for the replys guys, greatly appreciated. Glad to hear the new AutoCad works better than the last one.

Plasma Joe
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hey Joe I did an import and it worked for me too.
Rod S in AZ
ericandmollie

Post by ericandmollie »

SurfCAM - Check!
Trumpf TOPS - Check!
AutoCAD 2010 - Check!
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

That's a cool sign.

To connect things in autocad you use the pedit (polyline edit) command and the join option.
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

thank you again everyone for checking it out.

Gary thanks for the tip, I draw with arcs and lines only and did not know I could convert them to polylines and then join them. But correct me if I am wrong here, it seemed to create lots more nodes than before. Well here I thought I knew lots in AutoCad, hmmm I guess an old dog can learn new tricks. Wonder what I can teach the wife tonight... :lol: I will upload my future files as polylines for you all so you don't have to join them manually. Also Gary thanks for the compliment on the sign.

Plasma Joe
stray cat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: DXF trial - SLOW DOWN SIGN

Post by stray cat »

How do you join them together in corel x5? Thanks
Streetwerkz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Streetwerkz »

werked fine in Bobcad 19, EnRoute, Flexi & Solid werkz 07 for me
Joshua Robinson
www.Streetwerkz.com
redneckgateart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by redneckgateart »

lingbeek designs wrote:How do you join them together in corel x5? Thanks
Import the dxf. Select everything. Click on Arrange then choose Join Curves. When the Join Curves docker opens, click on Apply. 343 curves should go down to 19.
Metal Lee

Post by Metal Lee »

lingbeek designs wrote:How do you join them together in corel x5? Thanks
You need to combine the Image, then at the top of X5 you will see the arrange tab, click on that and from the bottom of the drop down yo will see the Join Curves, click on that, a docker will come up on the right side of your screen and you can seleect tollerences and click apply to join the selected. To check if the join is complete or taken place, you can select your combined file and click on the node tool this will allow you to see how many objects or complete paths you have at the bottom of the page, another way I will check to see if all are joined is to fill the file with black fill, juct click on the bucket on the right bottom corner of your screen, select black, then go to the view drop down menu and click on enhanced, If it doesent fill then you have some broken line segments or incomplete paths, It may fill but you may see spots that are not so uniform, this can happen with just one single cut path wich is ok.

I hope this helps, someone may be able to explain it better then me.
Thanks, Metal Lee
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Thanks Metal Lee. I just got my x5 so I can use this info.
Metal Lee

Post by Metal Lee »

Dawgonhawg wrote:Thanks Metal Lee. I just got my x5 so I can use this info.
Any time!
Thanks, Metal Lee
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

Looks good in DeltaCAD.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

plasmajoe wrote:thank you again everyone for checking it out.

Gary thanks for the tip, I draw with arcs and lines only and did not know I could convert them to polylines and then join them. But correct me if I am wrong here, it seemed to create lots more nodes than before. .... Plasma Joe
I can't imagine why it would appear that way, using pedit to join entities should reduce the number of nodes between line segments because it combines the two common endpoints into one. Instead of using 4 points to define 2 line segments, a 2 segment polyline only has to specify 3 points to get the job done. Then polyline arcs use the end angle of one as the start angle of the next to the same advantage. It pretty much ensures that all adjacent endpoints are one and the same point, and there are no breaks in a polyline.

Just don't smooth a polyline, or convert to spline, those objeects do not form true arcs.

Polylines are neat to draw with to, they have a way of drawing each segment (line or arc) tangent to the last (where applicable), I've always used the them a LOT. And they enable you to select an entire closed path in one click, rather than having to select a lot of disconnected elements.
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

SignTorch Vector Art wrote:
plasmajoe wrote:thank you again everyone for checking it out.

Gary thanks for the tip, I draw with arcs and lines only and did not know I could convert them to polylines and then join them. But correct me if I am wrong here, it seemed to create lots more nodes than before. .... Plasma Joe
I can't imagine why it would appear that way, using pedit to join entities should reduce the number of nodes between line segments because it combines the two common endpoints into one. Instead of using 4 points to define 2 line segments, a 2 segment polyline only has to specify 3 points to get the job done. Then polyline arcs use the end angle of one as the start angle of the next to the same advantage. It pretty much ensures that all adjacent endpoints are one and the same point, and there are no breaks in a polyline.

Just don't smooth a polyline, or convert to spline, those objeects do not form true arcs.

Polylines are neat to draw with to, they have a way of drawing each segment (line or arc) tangent to the last (where applicable), I've always used the them a LOT. And they enable you to select an entire closed path in one click, rather than having to select a lot of disconnected elements.
I don't smooth a polyline or convert to a spline my machine just hates that. I just change my arcs and lines to a polyline using that command you showed me PEDIT, seems to work fine but again my machine does not like it. For my cutting here on my machine I will continue using true arcs and lines, and yes I agree with you it is easier to work with polylines than clicking on each lines and arcs to get what you want, but I am old fashioned Gary, I like taking my time with it, makes more fun for me I find.

Thanks again for your input.

Plasma Joe

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”