A few to give back

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
dxfgirl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

A few to give back

Post by dxfgirl »

I've been trying to go to a thinner sheet metal. Audocad is getting a bit more easy. I have cut the horse sign and the R. They have zero errors. I have to still run g-code on Deer sign. Enjoy
r.jpg
R 25x27.dxf
BarnSign.jpg
Gary Vaughn Final 26.80 x 14.47.dxf
Mortz 22.6 X 30.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: A few to give back

Post by acourtjester »

Nice work I find the smile on your face gets bigger :D as you learn which opens up more things to you (at least for me :lol: )
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
dxfgirl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dxfgirl »

Indeed- hopefully the gut knot when the plasma fires will go away lol. I'm always afraid my drawing will have an error and waste metal.
marcnaz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by marcnaz »

Those cuts look great. Like they say, practice makes perfect. Luckily most of the cad software has a command to check for loops and duplicate lines, overlaps, line end connections/alignment etc. In case you haven't used it, in Autocad it's the OVERKILL command. Other software like Vectric and Artcam have the ability to check drawings also. I always use them now and then if it's important, even do a dry run without cutting to ensure everything looks right with a new cut file. It really is a pain if you're cutting a specific design (especially for a customer) on a Saturday and you screw up a specific piece of metal and don't have another piece available and can't buy more until Monday! A little error can cause big issues!
dxfgirl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dxfgirl »

I never thought about running a dry run. Nor did I know about the OVERKILL command. Thanks so much!
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

Are you also using sheetcam?
dxfgirl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dxfgirl »

yes
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

When you setup your plasma cutting operation to establish the lead-in/lead-out you can play with the setting to the right to loop sharp corners. That may help get your outside corners nice and sharp. As far as the inside corners the only thing that i've found works for me is to slow down the travel speed in Mach3.

I noticed on your text the torch is kind of skipping around the corners leaving them with a radius instead of the square edges you have in your CAD drawings.

Good luck :)
dxfgirl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by dxfgirl »

Thanks- I will try that with the next cut. Much appreciated!

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”