Whale

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Whale

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Here's another free file selling on Ebay for $5.99 + $3.00 shipping
Whale 36x19.plt

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Whale

Post by michmetalman »

Why would anyone pay $10 for that when you can google the silhouette and make it yourself in literally 2 minutes? lol
Bobkovacs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bobkovacs »

And why would anyone pay $3 to "ship" an electronic file?
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Someone from here is taking free files and reselling them on Ebay
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Hey Darryl, can you post a link to the auction. I would love to look at it and see if we can figure out who is doing this. It would take an idiot to pay for a file like that. and shipping?\, come on, the lister must be an idiot also.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

DARRYL21270 wrote:Someone from here is taking free files and reselling them on Ebay
What's your point? Free files are free aren't they and you can do whatever you want with them, right?

Dave Hanks
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

DXF wrote:
DARRYL21270 wrote:Someone from here is taking free files and reselling them on Ebay
What's your point? Free files are free aren't they and you can do whatever you want with them, right?

Dave Hanks
When most people share a file they do it to allow others to cut them and profit from them if they will but they don't expect people to go out and sell the file itself as their own. I have a problem with that. I would never sell a file on EBAY that you shared with me. I would sell the product I produced from your file but not your file. Just my 2 cents.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

wildthaine(1116)
100.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 2005
hemichargersrt8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hemichargersrt8 »

I can spend a couple hours a week contributing files to this forum in an effort to help others to improve there situation. People selling the files only are just plain lazy. Rick, your contributions to this forum are worth more than 2 cents. Don't underestimate the value that you add.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

Wow, what a loser move, hope we can determine who this Ebay seller is. If not karma will sort it out if it hasn't already. If you gotta sell free files on Ebay to make or supplement your living your not really winning in life in my opinion :lol:
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I purchased my seahorse file from him so I could leave negative feedback and I guess he figured out who I was and refunded me stating the reason for the refund was my address was wrong. It's a verified address though. Snake
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

We're sorry to let you know that wildthaine canceled your order and mentioned the reason as Something was wrong with the buyer's shipping address.

The seller refunded $8.99 back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

Did you try the "report item" that's on the right side of the page just a little lower then the EBAY MONEYBACK GUARANTEE?
EBAY file a report.JPG
They will do something if you can show that he stole it from you. :D

Larry

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

At this point it's not worth my time. The files are free now so no reason for someone to buy them. Some of the files he's selling are from some big name artists, along with ford, chevy, etc and I highly doubt he has their permission to resell them either. All we can do now is to make people aware and call him out for being a pos. I understand some people not giving two shits or just not getting it but I'm hoping most will.
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

DARRYL21270 wrote:At this point it's not worth my time. The files are free now so no reason for someone to buy them. Some of the files he's selling are from some big name artists, along with ford, chevy, etc and I highly doubt he has their permission to resell them either. All we can do now is to make people aware and call him out for being a pos. I understand some people not giving two shits or just not getting it but I'm hoping most will.

There are less then 17000 members on Plasmaspider and many millions of people on EBAY and you think that all the EBAY people will look at THIS post and know that the files on WBAY were stolen from here??? :shock: I would bet that most of the members on Plasmaspider have not even seen these postings. Most of the people on EBAY that are looking for DXF files have never heard of Plasmaspider that is one of the reasons why there are so many DXF files for sale. If you want to stop people from selling DXF copies of your designs you will need to put some effort into stopping them not just say " it's not worth my time" and go on allowing them to profet from your work. As for charging for shipping they will realize that doesn't work and ship for free unless they are sending a disk with the file on it. If it were my stuff being sold on EBAY I would put a stop to it one way or another.
My 2 cents

Larry
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »

Ebay doesn't allow the sale of digital downloads. If he's selling them he has to be sending them on a disk or flash thru snail mail.

Etsy does allow digital downloads which is why I list my premades there. And yes, if you search I share a ton of them for free here too but mama got bills to pay, you know. Cancer isn't cheap.

If you sat down and took the time to design a file for plasma cutting, selling on Etsy is the way to go. Ebay isn't worth it. So whoever is selling PS files on Ebay is a dumb ass just for using Ebay as their sellling platform. Next, anyone who would pay for that whale file kinda deserves to be had like that. That file would take me 20 seconds to make.

And I would suggest you guys check Etsy. If he's selling them on Ebay he may be on Etsy too and Etsy is much more strict on their policies. If you can give them the link where he got the free file to prove he didn't make it, they will delete it.

I would be upset if people were selling my free files on any platform. If anyone should be making money off it I should. I don't care if you cut and sell it. That's why I post them. But to just download a free file and resell it is just wrong.
Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”