It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm

weld table

DXF Art Sharing Forum is for sharing dxf, plt, or any other vector file for plasma cutting. Browse what others have posted or post some DXF art files of your own.
sportmod27

weld table

Postby sportmod27 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:27 pm

I drew up a welding table, pretty new at the CAD program. these parts need to be double checked before cutting. 3'x6'x1' table. could i get someone to double check this for me?
weld bench.dxf

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

schmaus

Re: weld table

Postby schmaus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 am

Nice looking table. Just from a quick look your tabs and slots are going to be to tight. Even for laser I would think you need at least .010" to .015".

hemichargersrt8
Elite Contributing Member

Postby hemichargersrt8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm

First let me start by saying, I appreciate all the hard work that "Sportmod27" has put into this project and to generously post his labors is much appreciated.
As many of you are aware, I posted a couple files for a smaller fixture table (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22151).
If I may, I would like to humbly offer my observations. To the many that have downloaded these files already, please consider the following before cutting these files.
1. All of the tabs and slots are 1:1. That is, the tabs and slots need clearance for assembly purposes. On the smaller fixture table, I used .010" clearance around all tabs and slots. Bottom line, the parts will not fit without grinding.
2.Underside back bones are to long. Their length will need to be shortened so as to fit within the end panels. Also the tabs will not fit into their matching slots at each end.
3. The round holes in the top and sides provided for mounting industry standard clamps are too small. These holes are currently .625" dia. and would need clearance added for the clamp posts to be inserted.
4. Unless you absolutely need 12" high sides, there will be tremendous material expense due to poor nesting of 4 X 8 or 5 X 10 sheets. The table top is sized nicely at 36". So by reducing the side plate height to less than 11" you would be able to nest one table top and one front panel on a 4X8 sheet or those with larger tables able to nest one table top and two side plates.
5. The underside leg mounting plates are out of square and the holes are not symmetrical to the edges. This could complicate mounting legs to the table if you are not careful orientating the plates to the underside.
My last comments are debatable.
1. Due to the length and how the table might be used in the future adding an additional leg in the middle of each long side might be beneficial.
2. Leg mounting plates really only require 4 mounting holes. I would also include a cut out of the tube profile (2.06x2.06 for 2x2 tubing) for positioning and welding the leg tubes.
3. There are currently two styles of the shorter underside braces. I would simplify and just cut 5 pieces of the "underside brace outer" and use these in all the positions.
Again, please do not misunderstand my comments. I really appreciate all of the work started by "sportmod27" . I hope he will continue to contribute more great projects like this welding bench.

little blue choo

Postby little blue choo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Hemichargersrt8 you have saved a lot of people a headache again and if I may say so you did it in a very respectful way. Thanks for all you do for others. Some of us were looking at this and saying, this want work but were afraid to say something in fear of hurting sportmod17's feeling. We sure don't want to make anyone leery of sharing. Good first share sportmod17. Hope to see more of your work soon. By the way hemichargersrt8 your 3D skills are out of the world.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape

sportmod27

Postby sportmod27 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Thanks for the response guys!
I appreciate the response!
Like I said in the original post, I'm pretty new at CAD drawing.
Self taught lol. I have a lot of learning to do and thanks again for the corrective criticism! Really means a lot!
I will try and go in and fix the issues. Thanks again!

hemichargersrt8

Postby hemichargersrt8 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Here is "Sportmod27" files with a little tweaking. All plate steel is .25" mild steel with 2" x 2" steel tubing for the legs. I left a small area in the center of the front panels blank. Might as well add your company logo if you are going to all the effort to build your own table. The background in the the first picture is from "garage journal" website- vintage garage scenes. Let me know if I missed any details. Please refer to http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22151 for test pieces to cut prior to cutting such large pieces. Plus, members have contributed a lot of good information to that thread as well.

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

Return to “DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum”