It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Selling someone elses design

DXF Art Sharing Forum is for sharing dxf, plt, or any other vector file for plasma cutting. Browse what others have posted or post some DXF art files of your own.
SegoMan DeSigns

Re: Selling someone elses design

Postby SegoMan DeSigns » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 am

EastCoastOrnamental wrote:Brand new to the forum and the plasma world and would like to know what people think about this particular situation.

I found an octopus online (jpg photo) and I would like to trace it, edited it, then indexed it to cut for a customer. Is this theft in your eyes? I am new to this world and would like to operate ethically. It really didn't even cross my mind that it would be theft since I changed things and just basically used it as a base until I saw this thread. I'm guessing this is not an acceptable practice by the way this thread has gone. Please advise.

Sorry for the hijack, but since you were already in dialog so I figured it would be ok to ask here. Please delete if not appropriate.

If you wanted to split hairs you could say that the original photographer owes the octopus he took the picture of royalties and residuals :shock:

plasmaspaz
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Selling someone elses design

Postby plasmaspaz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:26 pm

im just seeing this now.If you are the original artist of the said work and you have the copyright certificate i suggest contacting ebay.They use NOCI .You will have to file a "copyright infringement notice" with NOCI and supply them with the ebay item #s and within 24-48 hrs the listing will be removed.Im confident Amazon has a similar process.Ebay will not investigate it for you,you will need to find all the listings yourself.If you hold the copyright you need to enforce it.Once you are registered with NOCI the process is easier the second time.

Return to “DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum”