It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:06 am

 

File Sharing

DXF Art Sharing Forum is for sharing dxf, plt, or any other vector file for plasma cutting. Browse what others have posted or post some DXF art files of your own.
Chozer
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 am
Location: The Nederlands

Re: File Sharing

Postby Chozer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:33 am

Wricht on :twisted:
Cheers

StumblingAcres
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby StumblingAcres » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:48 am

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to say I am very new to all of this so this might not be the best first post but I saw this and can not help myself, a friend and I just recently bought a plasma table and we have a lot of ups and downs so far " mostly downs", then we found this forum and between some of the people who have helped us with advice and ideas that may have been causing our problems we are starting to enjoy this. There is a lot to learn and I have to say if it was not for the people that share there art and there experiences people like myself would give up.
So with that said I want to say this THANK YOU SO MUCH to each and everyone one of you that post there art work or experiences on this site, and I hope that any comments that are negative to what you ALL do here are ignored. I have learned several things from peoples art work and in time i hope to share things that we have made in the future.

ONCE AGAIN thank you all this is a awesome site and i am thankful for it. And for those that just want to complain i have a cure for you and its pretty simple. Just go somewhere else.

Steve

beefy
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am

Re: File Sharing

Postby beefy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 pm

StumblingAcres wrote:Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to say I am very new to all of this so this might not be the best first post but I saw this and can not help myself, a friend and I just recently bought a plasma table and we have a lot of ups and downs so far " mostly downs", then we found this forum and between some of the people who have helped us with advice and ideas that may have been causing our problems we are starting to enjoy this. There is a lot to learn and I have to say if it was not for the people that share there art and there experiences people like myself would give up.
So with that said I want to say this THANK YOU SO MUCH to each and everyone one of you that post there art work or experiences on this site, and I hope that any comments that are negative to what you ALL do here are ignored. I have learned several things from peoples art work and in time i hope to share things that we have made in the future.

ONCE AGAIN thank you all this is a awesome site and i am thankful for it. And for those that just want to complain i have a cure for you and its pretty simple. Just go somewhere else.

Steve


Pretty strong words for your start here Steve.

The very sad thing is I know of some members that did leave and they were very successful people with a lot of good knowledge to offer. To me they were our gurus, full of knowledge. Unfortunately they had a big distaste for LAZINESS (one of Darryls complaints). They followed your advise, didn't complain, and just left. And who is losing out for that, not them, they can now devote more time to themselves and do even better. I'm often left humbled by the outstanding guys here who help out certain members that never seem to do anything to help themselves.

Complaining is not always bad if it's intent is to improve something. Some complaints will be off-base and others will have very valid points.

Keith.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

StumblingAcres
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby StumblingAcres » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Beefy,

I am sorry you are right, my ending statement did not really come out the way I wanted it to. I am new here and as stated so grateful for everything I am learning here. And I see the point about those that know what they are doing and just are to lazy. And i can see where seeing that day after day gets old for those that put a lot of work into what they do. So hope everyone will disregard the ending statement I made. I just read this post and take the time to think before replying to it. And I know i stated this before but i am very grateful for this site, and hope in time to be able to share my first piece here.

If i could figure out how to delete the whole post I would do so, and post only the first parts of it so that those that do what they do can here can see as a new person to this i truly appreciate it.

Steve

plain ol Bill
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:22 pm
Location: Tenino,WA

Re: File Sharing

Postby plain ol Bill » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:01 pm

I miss Dumb ol Bob.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude

Thumper
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby Thumper » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:31 am

I'll be honest, the asking for the simplest things has been blowing my mind the last few months. It seems to be getting worse and if you haven't noticed the number of files being uploaded has dried up as well IMO Maybe a related pair...Personally I think their needs to be a separate page for guys to ask for help in, that would separate file sharing and file helping IMO. Not that their is anything wrong with asking for help but not in the sharing section butt hurting some guys.. IMO more files would be shared if this were to happen.
Also maybe their needs to be more schooling as well instead of just building somebody's file of a stick man, give a guy a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for life..

For the newbies or the ones asking for files you might have more luck asking for help building one, just a thought.

beefy
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am

Re: File Sharing

Postby beefy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 am

StumblingAcres wrote:Beefy,

I am sorry you are right, my ending statement did not really come out the way I wanted it to. I am new here and as stated so grateful for everything I am learning here. And I see the point about those that know what they are doing and just are to lazy. And i can see where seeing that day after day gets old for those that put a lot of work into what they do. So hope everyone will disregard the ending statement I made. I just read this post and take the time to think before replying to it. And I know i stated this before but i am very grateful for this site, and hope in time to be able to share my first piece here.

If i could figure out how to delete the whole post I would do so, and post only the first parts of it so that those that do what they do can here can see as a new person to this i truly appreciate it.

Steve


No sweat Steve,

I'm quite relieved at your response. I was expecting we were going to end up arguing :lol:

Welcome to the forum, hope it helps you move ahead with your plasma toys.

Keith.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

beefy
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am

Re: File Sharing

Postby beefy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:14 am

Thumper wrote:I'll be honest, the asking for the simplest things has been blowing my mind the last few months. It seems to be getting worse and if you haven't noticed the number of files being uploaded has dried up as well IMO Maybe a related pair...

Also maybe their needs to be more schooling as well instead of just building somebody's file of a stick man, give a guy a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for life..

For the newbies or the ones asking for files you might have more luck asking for help building one, just a thought.


So I'm not the only one who's noticed that. My guess is this forum is starting to get a name for itself as somewhere people join to get free files (I call $20/year free for what you have access to), and free bitmap to vector conversion services, and it's attracting those types of newcomers. It will be sad if this trend grows and turns Plasmaspider into something the knowledgeable guys start backing away from. Or maybe that has already started :(

Keith.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

User avatar
acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm
Location: Pensacola, Fla

Re: File Sharing

Postby acourtjester » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:59 am

I agree with Thumper there should be a teach/learn section. I'm no expert but have contributed to some posts to help and because I have received help feel I should give back. I think we all learn in different ways and there has been different topics discussed in a teaching way here. If a new section is started it should use titles at clearly describe the topic so searchers are able to fine answers easier at a later date. This may reduce the number of repeat questions it could also be a place to post location of videos or other interesting info that could help other.

have fun
Tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

Larry83301
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 1918
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho

Re: File Sharing

Postby Larry83301 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

Getting people to SEARCH seems to be one of the problems. :D

Larry

User avatar
Oldsarge
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 am
Location: Lacey, WA

Re: File Sharing

Postby Oldsarge » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:02 pm

That feeling you get when you promised a customer a piece on a tight deadline assuming somebody on Plasma Spider will convert/draw it for you, then nobody replies to your post asking for help! :lol:

terror.jpg


Every minute you spend learning your drawing software pays for itself many times over...

Oldsarge

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"

Thumper
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby Thumper » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Oldsarge wrote:That feeling you get when you promised a customer a piece on a tight deadline assuming somebody on Plasma Spider will convert/draw it for you, then nobody replies to your post asking for help! :lol:

terror.jpg


Every minute you spend learning your drawing software pays for itself many times over...

Oldsarge



LOL!!!!!!

I like sharing some of my files in exchange for access to different files I otherwise might not have even thought of "BUT" I'll be perfectly honest here. I'm very hesitant to upload new files now when I know their going to be taken and most of those doing the taking never even upload a single file. Maybe their needs to be a minimum number of files uploaded by new members before they can download the thousands of files they have access to and the current members have to upload X number of files monthly to keep access to the files. This would keep the file sharing honest somewhat and new files coming in because that's a big part of why Plasma Spider is what it is imo, the file sharing.

john_c_kennedy
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby john_c_kennedy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 am

I also belong to the hobby machinists forum (http://www.hobby-machinist.com/). They have a forum for Mentors for people who like teaching others and for people looking for help from a mentor. They also have a forum for beginners specifically for people who are just beginning and learning. Perhaps adding similar forums to plasmaspider would be helpful to provide a specific venue where those willing to provide help and those seeking help could get together.

It seems to me that plasmaspider has a mix of professionals, people actually running a plasma cutting related business, and hobbyists, people just plasma cutting for fun and maybe making a few bucks on the side, though I suspect there are many who (like me) are making the transition from hobbyist to professional.

Personally I think the mix of professionals and hobbyists on this forum is healthy and both groups benefit; there are a lot of very talented, knowledgeable, and creative people in both groups. I hate to see the infighting (as evidenced in this thread) and would hope that all of us can continue to work together to maintain the friendly atmosphere generally found here on plasmaspider. This is a great forum simply because we all work together to help each other and to promote all the interesting, challenging and rewarding aspects of cnc plasma cutting.

John

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Out In The Shop
Contact:

Re: File Sharing

Postby admin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:12 am

This is an older thread that originated in 2010 but the problems or beefs outlined are still going on of course. I do intend to implement some sort of system that will not leave out the "lazy" members or "takers" but rather reward the members who really do put efforts into helping and sharing and encourage others to do the same.

Some good suggestions have been made and it does seem as though it is time to create a new "Help" forum in an effort to keep the front page of the sharing forum from filling up with these requests. I am also a fan of a "feedback" type system to rate members on their participation or sharing but am struggling with a way to implement that so we may just end up with a new group that is 1 level higher than a basic "Contributing Member" for those who really participate.

Time is of course an issue but the topic is high on the priority list so bear with me and at some point things will change to encourage more to participate and give rather than just take.

Thanks to everyone who does participate and help to make PlasmaSpider what it is today and all suggestions are welcome. Have a great day everyone :D

grindergary
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Contact:

Re: File Sharing

Postby grindergary » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Thumper wrote:
Oldsarge wrote:That feeling you get when you promised a customer a piece on a tight deadline assuming somebody on Plasma Spider will convert/draw it for you, then nobody replies to your post asking for help! :lol:

terror.jpg


Every minute you spend learning your drawing software pays for itself many times over...

Oldsarge



LOL!!!!!!

I like sharing some of my files in exchange for access to different files I otherwise might not have even thought of "BUT" I'll be perfectly honest here. I'm very hesitant to upload new files now when I know their going to be taken and most of those doing the taking never even upload a single file. Maybe their needs to be a minimum number of files uploaded by new members before they can download the thousands of files they have access to and the current members have to upload X number of files monthly to keep access to the files. This would keep the file sharing honest somewhat and new files coming in because that's a big part of why Plasma Spider is what it is imo, the file sharing.


I agree with your statement about the sharing of files. I have downloaded some files from here and have yet to upload any files. I am guilty!

But, my full time work is structural metal and I do a lot of cutting plates for customers. I have even figured out how to cut a long row of holes in a length of angle iron.

I am learning how to make my own files and have asked for and got answers for my questions. Yes I will upload files when I feel I have a good file to share. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a lot of free time to work on files. I am getting there though.

As for your file share idea, ya it might work but then you alienate people like me who want to learn so I can share and contribute more to the file section. I do understand your reasons for that but it might hurt the site more than help.

Maybe put a limit on number of files downloaded per day or week.

Just my idea.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel DrawX6, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig

beefy
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am

Re: File Sharing

Postby beefy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:01 pm

I don't think the core problem is the giving away of files, I think it's the pure laziness and the want it for free attitude. I don't see anyone making much money in this game or being a business threat to others if they can't create drawings, trace bitmaps, or use vector software like Inkscape, Coreldraw or Illustrator. Being successful in the art game means getting good and getting fast at the art / creation side of things. Personalisation is our strength.

Forums have always been a learning resource to me, where guys go to learn and to give info. I have never asked for a conversion / trace. When I can't do something I will ask how I can accomplish it. We seem to be seeing the opposite growing in strength here, and I'm sure there's more members not happy about it than are actually speaking up.

Perhaps we need to change our culture in how we respond when someone just asks, "Can you do this for me", without asking how it's done. The more that will freely be given the more will be taken, I think that is starting to prove itself. When someone is trying, our natural instinct is to try and help them. Isn't our instinct the opposite when someone just wants to take the benefits of hard earned knowledge for free. Perhaps we should be asking why can you not do it, and changing the culture from giving out the fish to teaching how to fish.

I think we are allowing damage to occur to this forum if we don't change the culture into one more of learning than just somewhere people join for freebies.

Keith.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

Thumper
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby Thumper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm

grindergary wrote:
Thumper wrote:
Oldsarge wrote:That feeling you get when you promised a customer a piece on a tight deadline assuming somebody on Plasma Spider will convert/draw it for you, then nobody replies to your post asking for help! :lol:

terror.jpg


Every minute you spend learning your drawing software pays for itself many times over...

Oldsarge



LOL!!!!!!

I like sharing some of my files in exchange for access to different files I otherwise might not have even thought of "BUT" I'll be perfectly honest here. I'm very hesitant to upload new files now when I know their going to be taken and most of those doing the taking never even upload a single file. Maybe their needs to be a minimum number of files uploaded by new members before they can download the thousands of files they have access to and the current members have to upload X number of files monthly to keep access to the files. This would keep the file sharing honest somewhat and new files coming in because that's a big part of why Plasma Spider is what it is imo, the file sharing.


I agree with your statement about the sharing of files. I have downloaded some files from here and have yet to upload any files. I am guilty!

But, my full time work is structural metal and I do a lot of cutting plates for customers. I have even figured out how to cut a long row of holes in a length of angle iron.

I am learning how to make my own files and have asked for and got answers for my questions. Yes I will upload files when I feel I have a good file to share. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of a lot of free time to work on files. I am getting there though.

As for your file share idea, ya it might work but then you alienate people like me who want to learn so I can share and contribute more to the file section. I do understand your reasons for that but it might hurt the site more than help.

Maybe put a limit on number of files downloaded per day or week.

Just my idea.

Gary


I understand what your saying and have to agree somewhat but at what expense? Loosing the members that do help people such as yourself out and share their files by them getting tired of feeling taken advantage of? You have been a member for how long and haven't contributed anything yet, not being harsh but that's a big part of the problem and I fully understand your reasoning behind not being able to. Their was lots of new stuff being uploaded all the time now the page is filled with "Help Threads" or I need/want threads, again helping out is a big part of this place but it's got to be a give and take or the guys doing the giving are going to get tired of not being able to take. It's already happened IMO way more so than one might think. I've had numberous people contact me with the same feelings and we have been sharing files together that would have typically been uploaded more than likely.
I'm not trying to stir the pot here at all, I'd just love to see this issue resolved quickly because it's getting quiet around here and I think simply starting a separate page for help or want posts would help fix it pretty quick. Maybe if you could have how many files you've contributed beside your user name would help out as well, toss in a little guilt feeling :) maybe for the ones not giving back to persuade them to at least try so as not to look bad :lol: Let's be honest, the biggest reason most guys are here is for the file sharing, just look at the posting numbers on all the pages to confirm that and it's taken a nose dive. Loose the files and the old contributing members will soon follow leaving a site full of new guys just buying existing files for $20 with not much new stuff and the wisdom of old timers fading away. All simply my opinions of course ;)

gcw8
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:41 am
Location: Hickson Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: File Sharing

Postby gcw8 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 pm

well just a fresh angle here the site runs on membership numbers and if you start limiting or making new rules it may just backfire and reduce the membership numbers. I think Admin is doing a great job and we need not change a thing.
Greg From Storiesnsteel

beefy
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 am

Re: File Sharing

Postby beefy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:37 pm

The last two post are really valid points. That's why I think cultivating a culture of learning how to do something is so important.

Can we effectively make it "socially unacceptable" to just take without making any attempt to learn how to do it. I think we'll see a big reduction in the said problem areas if we adopt this attitude.

The problem with "a file for a file" type of system is that some members contribute in other ways, i.e. their technical knowledge. May be unfair to exclude them from file sharing. The moderators would also have to "judge" individual members on what they deserve, I wouldn't like to put a moderator in that position.

I say help the tryers and things will improve.

Keith.
8 x 5 water table
Powermax 1250 with Duramax torch
UCCNC controller, UC400-ETH & UC300-ETH motion controllers.
Sheetcam
Geomagic Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw X5

wickedinhere
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby wickedinhere » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:38 am

I ask for help sometimes and i do upload things when i can that being said i don't ask for simple stuff that can be easily
traced or converted. I agree people shouldn't just come on here just to get people to convert files for them. I made the investment in Jason's files and Signtorch plus others and 99 percent of the time i have the files i need. Some people are just cheap and/or lazy and don't want to put in the time to learn.

User avatar
acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm
Location: Pensacola, Fla

Re: File Sharing

Postby acourtjester » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:53 am

Here is something those that just want someone to convert or just supply files that are cut worthy. It is your best interest to learn how things are done so when you need something you can do it.
I have seen post ?please I need this today? and they expect someone to always be there to help them. Take the time to learn yourself so your not dependent on others. Most of the things people are asking about are not that hard to learn. And you will get a better reply when you ask ?I have tried but cannot figure it out? giving an example or what you have done shows you have tried. This will help others to understand where you are and after you will be able to do it when you need it. These posting will also help others to learn by seeing how things are worked out. I?m sure none of us knew it all when we first started and still have more to learn.
I have no problem helping when I do it sometimes helps me. Each time I work out a solution I learn more too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

Bobcat320
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:06 pm
Contact:

Re: File Sharing

Postby Bobcat320 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:11 am

I apologize in advance if I am opening an old wound here. I ran across this thread just browsing through the forum. I am a newby at this, even though I have been working metal and blacksmithing all of my life. Thought I would simply take it to the next level and start cutting out my own designs to hammer out instead of paying the guy 180 miles away to do it for me. When I bought my PlasmaCam I was probably pretty stupid/naïve/misled, as I had this unrealistic idea that I could just magically turn it on and cut things out! After the first couple of weeks I was ready to throw it in the scrap pile. I finally resigned myself to actually sit down and try to learn it, and am making progress... I finally was able to figure out how to make a washer, and my big feat was when I was able to actually draw AND cut the little L shaped tabs someone posted for holding down the sheet on the table!

I struggled with a simple blacksmithing part for hours. Tried scanning it into Design Edge, tried to draw it in Inkscape and got nowhere. I finally asked for help here and in less than 10 minutes it was done! I asked how, so I could try to learn and though he explained it to me I did not have that program to try it. So, I spend many hours at the computer trying to learn how to draw something that I can actually cut, to the point my wife comes out to the shop and drags me back in the house!

I say all of this to say THANK YOU for those of you who are generous enough to share your knowledge and expertise! I know there are probably lazy's out there who wont take the time to try to do their own work, but there are also the clueless like me who are trying but are not there yet!
Some day I hope to be good enough to teach someone how to draw and cut a washer! :mrgreen:
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!

blackandtan
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby blackandtan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:41 am

I guarantee you are not the only one to feel this way. Some company’s make it sound so easy to cut parts or art, like all you have to do is show a picture to the computer and it will almost spit the part out for you. I was kind of in the same boat learning but pretty much everything I have learned has come from this website. There are a lot of people on here with so much knowledge that it makes my head spin sometimes and most are more than willing to share that knowledge with you. I have learned a lot in the last year or so thanks to all of those people that are willing to help. But the more I read on here the more I realize how much that I don’t know.





Bobcat320 wrote:I apologize in advance if I am opening an old wound here. I ran across this thread just browsing through the forum. I am a newby at this, even though I have been working metal and blacksmithing all of my life. Thought I would simply take it to the next level and start cutting out my own designs to hammer out instead of paying the guy 180 miles away to do it for me. When I bought my PlasmaCam I was probably pretty stupid/naïve/misled, as I had this unrealistic idea that I could just magically turn it on and cut things out! After the first couple of weeks I was ready to throw it in the scrap pile. I finally resigned myself to actually sit down and try to learn it, and am making progress... I finally was able to figure out how to make a washer, and my big feat was when I was able to actually draw AND cut the little L shaped tabs someone posted for holding down the sheet on the table!

I struggled with a simple blacksmithing part for hours. Tried scanning it into Design Edge, tried to draw it in Inkscape and got nowhere. I finally asked for help here and in less than 10 minutes it was done! I asked how, so I could try to learn and though he explained it to me I did not have that program to try it. So, I spend many hours at the computer trying to learn how to draw something that I can actually cut, to the point my wife comes out to the shop and drags me back in the house!

I say all of this to say THANK YOU for those of you who are generous enough to share your knowledge and expertise! I know there are probably lazy's out there who wont take the time to try to do their own work, but there are also the clueless like me who are trying but are not there yet!
Some day I hope to be good enough to teach someone how to draw and cut a washer! :mrgreen:

Silverspiritwolf
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Re: File Sharing

Postby Silverspiritwolf » Thu May 24, 2018 1:07 am

DARRYL21270 wrote:Here are some pieces i've made in the past
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image



DARRYL21270 Would you mind if I modified it a bit and used it? Would you share that tiger you made in a dxf file format?

User avatar
little blue choo
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 pm
Location: Cherryville NC
Contact:

Re: File Sharing

Postby little blue choo » Sat May 26, 2018 9:06 pm

OMG!
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape


Return to “DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm torch's