Front page of site messed up

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Front page of site messed up

Post by cbassjr »

First I get the site is forbidden last night then later on it loads and it's all messed up or a change was made. If this is the new look I don't like it need to go back. No view new post and parts of site are not linked etc.
yeomansjon
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Front page of site messed up

Post by yeomansjon »

I noticed the site was down for maintenance yesterday but today looks normal, no different than before. At least from my computer it's the same.
Fast Jonny Custom Design
CNC Plasma Cutting
Plasmacam DHC
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
www.facebook.com/fastjonnycustomdesign
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Use the Quick Links - All the features, like View new posts are there.
I like the new look.

Dano
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cbassjr wrote:First I get the site is forbidden last night then later on it loads and it's all messed up or a change was made. If this is the new look I don't like it need to go back. No view new post and parts of site are not linked etc.
We have made significant changes to the server and website software and as a result the site was down and throughout the process various errors would have been displayed to our visitors. There is still a lot more work to do before the changes are complete but for the most part the site should be fully functional. The look and feel is different but if you take the time to explore some of the new menus and features its pretty awesome! Drag and drop images from your PC to your post, notification drop down menu is awesome, quick links drop down menu is handy, a better search engine is installed, improved navigation tools, and much more! Please notify me of any errors you encounter as I may not find them all. Enjoy the site and remember to help and share!

Admin
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

like the new tools you added
Thanks
Tom :D
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Biker
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Biker »

Ha, I can't find the New Post button. Tell me how to get there now. Sure wish that part wasn't changed.
CandCNC Blade Runner Dragon cut 620 Ethercut + DTHCIV
Precision Plasma 5 X 10
Mach 3
Sheetcam
Hypertherm Powermax 85
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Biker wrote:Ha, I can't find the New Post button. Tell me how to get there now. Sure wish that part wasn't changed.
The New Topic and Post Reply buttons are in the same location as before, see below
new-topic.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

You can't be doing these drastic changes to us old farts. We can't remember where we put crap 5 minutes ago much less what day it is then you through this at us. Anyway if this is it then I guess we'll have to deal with it but in my opinion it does not look as professional as the original site and somewhat amatureish. Don't think it will appeal or give a new user coming to the site much more than a unprofessional appearance. Just my opinion.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

Maybe I'm not very observant but I haven't noticed any big difference. And I'm a simple minded old fart!

Allen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cbassjr wrote:You can't be doing these drastic changes to us old farts. We can't remember where we put crap 5 minutes ago much less what day it is then you through this at us. Anyway if this is it then I guess we'll have to deal with it but in my opinion it does not look as professional as the original site and somewhat amatureish. Don't think it will appeal or give a new user coming to the site much more than a unprofessional appearance. Just my opinion.
This change was long overdue and also required for some technical reasons out of my control. Everything you used to use should be in relatively the same location, there is just new features added that you can ignore if you wish. I realize that some visual aspects of the site are rough around the edges still but I am still working on it and likely will be for a few more days until it is complete. I am not typically an advocate of change either but be patient and look around and you may like some of the new features once you get used to them. I really am enjoying it so far, love the new Notifications drop down at the top, email thread to friend function, print friendly pages, drag and drop file upload, etc.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

I checked my notebook and its okay what's messed up is when I pull up the site on my smart phone the whole plasma spider header logo on top is gone and the ads are all strait up and down not side by side. My notebook is fine except the ads are not sized right. I use my smart phone a lot to view the site and it just freaked me out when the header was missing and the ads were screwed up. But not to worry I'll get by.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cbassjr wrote:I checked my notebook and its okay what's messed up is when I pull up the site on my smart phone the whole plasma spider header logo on top is gone and the ads are all strait up and down not side by side. My notebook is fine except the ads are not sized right. I use my smart phone a lot to view the site and it just freaked me out when the header was missing and the ads were screwed up. But not to worry I'll get by.
This new layout is responsive and will resize boxes and text to best fit screen resolutions of all sizes, you should find that you like this new layout better for your smartphone or tablet. The ad structure however is a different beast in itself and will require a lot of input from myself and our advertisers in order to display various sized ads for various screen resolutions. I am currently trying to make it work well without responsive ads so I can work on other more important aspects of this new design.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

I am just happy to see the "FILE CONVERION HELP NEEDED" title changed. Happy.....Happy.....Happy! :lol:

Dave Hanks
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I really like being able to drag and drop file, it's a nice improvement, Thanks.
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

WyoGreen wrote:I really like being able to drag and drop file, it's a nice improvement, Thanks.
No problem and thanks for the positive input. Have a great weekend!
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

Just an opinion, but to me it seems cleaned up a bit, I like it. I've found new features I like, and nothing I don't.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Good Job just miss the same look on my smart phone. Wondering why my smart phone is not showing the same screen as my computer but other than that I like....
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GPM870 »

I know I haven't been on the site as much as I have been, or would like to be, but I didn't see much difference. Either I'm not very observant or everything blends together very well. I can't say anything bad about the site, Then again I am easy to please :o
Gerry
Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cbassjr wrote:Good Job just miss the same look on my smart phone. Wondering why my smart phone is not showing the same screen as my computer but other than that I like....
The site will look different on smaller devices like phones and tablets depending on the screen size.It adapts to the screen size to provide easier to read text and easier to click links, etc on smaller devices. Still working on things but its coming together well.
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

Somewhat on this topic of mobile devices... Is there some procedure or more importantly a cost associated with getting Plasma Spider on to Tapatalk? For those that don't know, TapaTalk is a smartphone application specifically designed to make using forums easier on mobile devices and puts all of your different forums into a single interface on your phone or tablet. If you subscribe to a few Forums, it's super easy way to browse new posts from all of your interests on a tablet or smart phone.

There has to be at least 1000 other Forums supported by this application including these cousins of our interests:

Garage Journal
CNC Zone

Maybe while you're in "Admin Mode" you could look into what's involved with adding PS to TapaTalk and killing two birds with one stone; Improved mobile usability and compatibility and spreading the PW Web a bit to more users
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by urbnsr »

I like the site; now and before, too.

I would like to request a small change: It would be nice if clicking on hyperlinks would open a new tab/window by adding "Target="_blank"" to the hyperlink code. At least on external links, but all links would be nice, too.

Thank you...

Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Capstone wrote:Somewhat on this topic of mobile devices... Is there some procedure or more importantly a cost associated with getting Plasma Spider on to Tapatalk? For those that don't know, TapaTalk is a smartphone application specifically designed to make using forums easier on mobile devices and puts all of your different forums into a single interface on your phone or tablet. If you subscribe to a few Forums, it's super easy way to browse new posts from all of your interests on a tablet or smart phone.

There has to be at least 1000 other Forums supported by this application including these cousins of our interests:

Garage Journal
CNC Zone

Maybe while you're in "Admin Mode" you could look into what's involved with adding PS to TapaTalk and killing two birds with one stone; Improved mobile usability and compatibility and spreading the PW Web a bit to more users
This is something I will look into further. Mobile usability will be greatly improved already with this new website layout but I know Tapatalk has more to offer than just enhanced mobile usability so I will check it out again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

urbnsr wrote:I like the site; now and before, too.

I would like to request a small change: It would be nice if clicking on hyperlinks would open a new tab/window by adding "Target="_blank"" to the hyperlink code. At least on external links, but all links would be nice, too.

Thank you...

Paul
We will stick with the standard target="_self" behavior for all internal hyperlinks which is what most users are accustomed to. Most users know that right clicking on a hyperlink gives them to option to open the link in a new tab or window if they wish. We may change the behavior of external links.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Don't know what you did but my smartphone picked up the plasmaspider top logo today. Thanks.... like it.....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cbassjr wrote:Don't know what you did but my smartphone picked up the plasmaspider top logo today. Thanks.... like it.....
No problem. I'm still working the bugs out but I am more and more happy with it every day!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”