It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:16 pm

 

Jeep Grill Firepit

DXF Art Sharing Forum is for sharing dxf, plt, or any other vector file for plasma cutting. Browse what others have posted or post some DXF art files of your own.
motoguy
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm
Location: Central MO, USA

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby motoguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:31 pm

I charged $175 out of 3/16". Found several online for $250. I sold the half dozen or so I cut, haven't cut any more since. I would need to recheck, and see if that pricing still holds. They were one of the first items I cut and sold.

ETA: $215 with steel price update.
Last edited by motoguy on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Metal teacher
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Metal teacher » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:24 am

awesome thanks for sharing

kennye
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby kennye » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Thanks for sharing

JUSTWHATEVER
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby JUSTWHATEVER » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Awesome!!!

User avatar
Gogogadget62
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Gogogadget62 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks for sharing your file ,looking forward to cutting this jeep design
Dan Gauthier
5x10 Samson
Miller 185 wire feeder
600 Hypertherm
45 Hypertherm
85 Hypertherm
40 ton press and dies
powder coating
80 gallon DeVAIR compressor 5Hp

rickjamesbish
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby rickjamesbish » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm

I found the 3/16" to be too heavy. Its a break down so obviously meant to be portable. Being jeep shaped its likely geared at off roaders. Granted most JK owners are mall crawlers and will likely use this grill the one time a year they accidentally go off road ;) On the other hand I wheel every weekend so the lighter the better. I did my own personal one in 1/8" and used a few of the longer cutouts tacked under the bottom to prevent warping. I think even a smaller size would be optimal for someone who really off roads regularly so I will try that next.

Jaked937
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Jaked937 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:35 pm

rickjamesbish wrote:I found the 3/16" to be too heavy. Its a break down so obviously meant to be portable. Being jeep shaped its likely geared at off roaders. Granted most JK owners are mall crawlers and will likely use this grill the one time a year they accidentally go off road ;) On the other hand I wheel every weekend so the lighter the better. I did my own personal one in 1/8" and used a few of the longer cutouts tacked under the bottom to prevent warping. I think even a smaller size would be optimal for someone who really off roads regularly so I will try that next.


Have you tried yours out? My steel yard has a bunch of 1/8" for cheap right now, I was thinking about buying a bunch and trying to knock some out.

Anyone else using 1/8" or is 3/16" the norm?

rickjamesbish
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby rickjamesbish » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:30 am

Jaked937 wrote:
rickjamesbish wrote:I found the 3/16" to be too heavy. Its a break down so obviously meant to be portable. Being jeep shaped its likely geared at off roaders. Granted most JK owners are mall crawlers and will likely use this grill the one time a year they accidentally go off road ;) On the other hand I wheel every weekend so the lighter the better. I did my own personal one in 1/8" and used a few of the longer cutouts tacked under the bottom to prevent warping. I think even a smaller size would be optimal for someone who really off roads regularly so I will try that next.


Have you tried yours out? My steel yard has a bunch of 1/8" for cheap right now, I was thinking about buying a bunch and trying to knock some out.

Anyone else using 1/8" or is 3/16" the norm?


My own personal one ends up getting sold every time I make it ..LOL .. so I have not had the chance to burn anything in it yet but have received no complaints on the ones I have sold. Im actually going to cut another one this weekend and scale it down in size a little.

BILLETMAN
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby BILLETMAN » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:59 pm

thank you for sharing !!!!

User avatar
david jordan
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby david jordan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 am

this is neat, thank you.
PlasmaCam DHC 2 4 X 4 table
Powermax 65
Illustrator CS6
400 amp mig welder with dc tig
CRP Bench Top Pro
VCarve Pro, Mach 3
Bridgeport
Wells Index mill
10K X 42" Southbend, 6K collets
16" Sothbend, 5C collets
16" Hendy lathe

Paint Chip
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Paint Chip » Sun May 14, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks very much!! No.2 son and I are Jeep enthusiasts. He will live this for Xmas this year.
PPLLC 4X8 table w 620 ox steppers on 5 axes
Bladerunner CandCNC w/DTHC II
Hypertherm PM85

montanarose
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby montanarose » Sat May 27, 2017 9:39 am

very nice !! what gauge of metal do you recommend for the grill so it doesn't warp with the heat ??

motoguy
Posts: 932
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:05 pm
Location: Central MO, USA

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby motoguy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:28 am

montanarose wrote:very nice !! what gauge of metal do you recommend for the grill so it doesn't warp with the heat ??


I use at least 3/16"
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

ConcFab
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:37 am

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby ConcFab » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 am

Thank you! I am donating a fire pit to the Maine Warrior Salute off-road fundraiser in August. This is much better than what I had planned. I am sure it will raise a lot of money for a good cause!

awkjesse
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:58 am

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby awkjesse » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:45 am

This is awesome!!

montanarose
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby montanarose » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Thank you very much for your time :)

montanarose
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby montanarose » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello,, to cook on the grate is there any kind of special spray you apply first?? Thanks ;)

izzyscages
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby izzyscages » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm a little slow today... are there two different versions? One with legs, one without?

jabtronic
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:32 am

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby jabtronic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Is it just me or did anybody notice the slots and tabs in the dxf posted don't link up with each other? I'm using CorelDraw I can't open the original PCM file.

The only slots that seem the correct size are the vertical ones on the front and back panels.
slots3.PNG

slots2.PNG

slots1.PNG


Something to keep in mind
EDIT: Another small issue is the tabs on the bottom plate and the grill are not perfectly inline with each opposite side but the difference is so minimal (0.32mm out) it shouldn't make a difference unless your slot tolerances are really tight.

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here


Kitch940
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:38 am

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Kitch940 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 am

jabtronic wrote:Is it just me or did anybody notice the slots and tabs in the dxf posted don't link up with each other? I'm using CorelDraw I can't open the original PCM file.

The only slots that seem the correct size are the vertical ones on the front and back panels.

Something to keep in mind
EDIT: Another small issue is the tabs on the bottom plate and the grill are not perfectly inline with each opposite side but the difference is so minimal (0.32mm out) it shouldn't make a difference unless your slot tolerances are really tight.



Yes I had to go through and redo all the tabs and slots and align them all up. The original file couldn't have worked the way it was. Still was a good start though!

nicalvarado
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby nicalvarado » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Looks great!

Uzaree
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 am

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Uzaree » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:40 am

Nice, I like that!

Welding14
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Welding14 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks looks good

Jwagnon89
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:03 pm
Location: Athens Alabama

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby Jwagnon89 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

Does anyone want to share their revised version of this using 11 gauge? Thanks!
Dynatorch 5x10 Super B with water table
Thermal Dynamics A80
Miller 250x
Protools 105 tubing bender
JD2 beast notcher

recon44095
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Jeep Grill Firepit

Postby recon44095 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:06 pm

This one cuts good for me

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

4X4 Plasma Cam DHC2
w/down draft Hypertherm 45
3x4x6 home made powder coating oven


Return to “DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], elky_1965_02, firewood57, Google Adsense [Bot], haleysphoto, Jstruzik, Metal Works, outlaw.30, Promod Mullet, racerx1194, sheets647 and 21 guests