Oliver Tractor & Grill

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
rtsplace
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Oliver Tractor & Grill

Post by rtsplace »

Hello All, Looking for some help tracing 2 photos to a DXF file ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance............Ray

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Oliver Tractor & Grill

Post by Shane Warnick »

That's a pretty hefty trace just for grins. There is a guy posts on here a lot on the file sharing forum, name is Ben De Lappe, you could probably pm him and he might could help you out. He does conversions for people (myself included) and not only does he do great work, he is extremely reasonable on his prices. I bet he could whip something out for you. I call him when I just don't have the time or the motivation, or either :lol:

He is reasonable enough that I have just about given up on doing them myself, as I can be making money cutting while he is doing my files, and the prices are low enough that I realize I am losing money not cutting and messing with a drawing.

If you can't find him PM me I will send you his email and contact info.

Stay safe

Shane
conradestrada
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by conradestrada »

oly.dxf
Here is a quick tractor my grandson did it last night

rtsplace
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rtsplace »

Thank you conradestrada, I think I can work with that, it's a good start. I'm trying to figure what software works best for tracing ? I have Inkscape and a older version of Corel but have never learned how, I'm hoping to start viewing the tutorials and make time to learn. But it's that old dog and new tricks thing hanging me up.
Thanks again I'll post the file when I'm done. Ray
conradestrada

Post by conradestrada »

Not a problem I will have Victor do the second when he gets off the bus he comes and hangs out at the shop till his parents get off he is only 8 but they pick that stuff up quick
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

conradestrada wrote:Not a problem I will have Victor do the second when he gets off the bus he comes and hangs out at the shop till his parents get off he is only 8 but they pick that stuff up quick

he is only 8
Now there's a dig in the ribs to us old blokes that take forever to learn this stuff :lol:
conradestrada

Post by conradestrada »

IMG_20141009_114301_568.jpg
IMG_20141009_114142_631.jpg
He is don't be embarrassed he showed me how to use the program and he was only seven now that is embarrassing! Kids now just adapt to it quickly I have been teaching him to weld four about a year now he is getting better than I.

rtsplace
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rtsplace »

Now that's impressive!!! You're a great GP and mentor to take the time to expose him and teach him the art of metal working. My shop teacher 40 years ago deified the class to name one thing in this world not touch by a machinist, we could not.
Ray
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

That's fantastic Conrad, well done and keep it up. A true investment in our future.
I have 4 boys and only 1 of them truly has the same interests as me but like your young one there he did at that age too. It's amazing how much they pick up just sharing the experience with you. When we work together, be it in the workshop, around the property or on a car we don't even have to talk about what we're doing it just happens, that's the understanding we have of each other. At least his wife knows what she's in for ;)
Murray
douweh
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by douweh »

conradestrada wrote:
oly.dxf
Here is a quick tractor my grandson did it last night
storiesnsteel
3 Star Member
3 Star Member