Need Help with picture

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
kthorpe88
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need Help with picture

Post by kthorpe88 »

I have tried and tried in both flexsignpro and coreldraw6 and can't get a good trace with this file! I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid but if someone can get a trace and let me know the steps they took?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

MetalheadRK
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Need Help with picture

Post by MetalheadRK »

I would try Inkscape. I use it all the time and have pretty good luck with it.

Kemarie
4x4 PlasmaCam
Hypertherm 45
Eastwood 175 MIG welder
Chopper John
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Chopper John »

This is all I had time for, maybe you can handle the lettering or someone else can give you a hand.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Chopper John
Mad City Cycles, Inc.

"Every piece of paper has two good sides... Unless you use magic marker then you're f*cked."
kthorpe88
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by kthorpe88 »

Chopper John,

Thanks for the crown part! Now how did you trace that? What program and steps did you take? I also downloaded and tried Inkscape and had no luck with that. When I try to trace things I always get just horrible lines and half the letters.

Also I have no problem doing the rest but am new to this and don't know where you guys get your font or how you guys personalize stuff with letters. I can only make fonts that are lines not block letters unless I draw out all the letters using autocad and that would take way too long!!!
Chopper John

Post by Chopper John »

You are welcome. I loaded the picture into Autocad and did a manual trace of one half then I mirrored it. I've never had much luck with any type of auto trace so I do most things by hand. If i tried to explain the steps this would turn into a very long post and I suck at explaining things. As for fonts, I have had some good luck with a site called dafont.com and I think Signtorch offers some in dxf.
Chopper John
Mad City Cycles, Inc.

"Every piece of paper has two good sides... Unless you use magic marker then you're f*cked."

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”