Need help with a dog.

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Need help with a dog.

Post by 762frmafr »

So, this is a picture of my mother's dog. She would like me to cut it out of steel. If possible, I would like to know the steps taken to convert this to a cutable file. Not just for someone to re-work it and say here you go. I appreciate the help. Thank you.

SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Need help with a dog.

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

this is one pierce, so it can be cut freestanding or as a hole in a sheet (that's what the underscore on the end of the filename means)....
Last edited by SignTorch Vector Art on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by East German »

Its great work

Regards Peter
Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by MIFab »

This is pretty cool. I would like to know how did you get it from the actual picture to the black white pic.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

MIFab wrote:This is pretty cool. I would like to know how did you get it from the actual picture to the black white pic.
Same here...
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

MIFab wrote:This is pretty cool. I would like to know how did you get it from the actual picture to the black white pic.
thanks, keep your fingers crossed, I almost have a place to put unlimited HD tutorials, without that it's hard to explain... I basically ink over everything with a pen in photoshop to get a clean image then raster to vector software works like a charm....
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

SignTorch Vector Art wrote:
thanks, keep your fingers crossed, I almost have a place to put unlimited HD tutorials, without that it's hard to explain... I basically ink over everything with a pen in photoshop to get a clean image then raster to vector software works like a charm....

Keep us posted on the tutorials! I have Ai and auto cad 13 and they are complicated to someone that never has used a program like that.... I hear Photoshop is a lot easier to understand is this true?
MIFab

Post by MIFab »

Just did a quick search and I found this http://www.raster-vector.com/. Is this what you use?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

MIFab wrote:Just did a quick search and I found this http://www.raster-vector.com/. Is this what you use?
no I actually use this - autotrace - for raster to vector

but it hasn't been updated in 10 years and doesn't run on windows 7-64 (might run on 32)
MIFab wrote:Keep us posted on the tutorials! I have Ai and auto cad 13 and they are complicated to someone that never has used a program like that.... I hear Photoshop is a lot easier to understand is this true?
will do,

AI and AutoCAD are vector/CAD programs, while photoshop is a raster program, so they are for different purposes and not comparable, AI is more like Corel Draw, and CAD programs are similar to that, photoshop is like windows paint, used to clean up or redraw ordinary images before converting to vectors.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”