Gear puller

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Gear puller

Post by DXF »

My lathe motor quit recently and to replace it I had to remove this pulley with a gear puller. Didn't have a gear puller so I made one from 14 gage, .500-13 threaded stock, a couple of nuts and a washer.....worked perfectly!

Dave Hanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Gear puller.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

ggeh
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Gear puller

Post by ggeh »

I enjoy designing and cutting tools as much as I do the art work especially when it works. I still find it amazing to take an idea, draw it up in a cad program, and cut it out on the plasma table. What a mavalous machine, so glad I've been able to own one. Nice job thanks for sharing.
biggator850
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by biggator850 »

Super cool and simple design! I built something similar a few years ago to pull the wheel (propeller for you landlubbers) off my uncle's shrimp boat. Boat was in the water and one blade got bent causing a terrible vibration. He was stuck unable to get to a travel lift, so we used some scrap stuff laying around and built a puller that would get it off in the water.

I tried to find the files to share but I must have lost the final version when my old computer died. But it was basically a circle with a slot to slide over the shaft on the backside of the wheel with two pieces similar to what you have here that were welded to a nut allowing a bolt to apply pressure to the end of the driveshaft. A hammer is almost useless underwater, but the puller worked perfectly and had the wheels swapped in less time than it took to drive to my shop.

Having the ability to whip up some simple solution like this can be a life saver!
hdfaster
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by hdfaster »

Very handy item. You can burn out any size when the need arises. Thank you!
RONWB

Post by RONWB »

thanks
X53Gunner
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by X53Gunner »

can definitely use thanks
4Dscreenart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by 4Dscreenart »

I have the same lathe. I'm currently making a material holder for turning a worm gear and using a hob or tap for cutting it. I'll post it here for you when I get it done.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”