sheetcam outside offset problem

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

sheetcam outside offset problem

Post by jackleg007 »

when i am converting some drawings to a tap file in sheet cam,some drawings will not make a complete tool path when set on outside offset,yet when i set to inside or no offset ,the tool paths come out complete.can anyone give me a little insight into what may be going on,thanks.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: sheetcam outside offset problem

Post by beefy »

Do you have any "non secret" sample files you can post. See if myself or anyone can figure it out.

I've never came across that before.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
jackleg007
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jackleg007 »

thanks for the reply.i will see what i can dredge up
MountainRef
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by MountainRef »

I ran across it a few times only when the cut was too small for the kerf. try to enlarge that part of the dxf in your cad program, say it being a small circle or a wisker or whatever and see if sheet cam won't create a start point for it. An outside offset is actually cutting to the inside of cuts inside the the drawing, wich is the out side of the metal being kept, if that makes any sense. So you need enough room for the kerf (set in sheetcam machine) twice inside that particular cut or Sheet Cam will not include in it's tool path. Hope that makes sense. It may or may not be what is happening with your piece. Good luck :roll:
4 x 8 homemade table w/water table
Hypertherm 45
301D THC
Mach 3
Sheet Cam
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

This can happen if two lines are not joined. Look at the part in CAD and zoom in tight on the area where SheetCAM is having a problem. You may find a very small gap not visible unless you zoom WAY in.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

trucutcnc wrote:This can happen if two lines are not joined. Look at the part in CAD and zoom in tight on the area where SheetCAM is having a problem. You may find a very small gap not visible unless you zoom WAY in.
And a little tip to help find that elusive spot is when you have the part it Sheetcam the break is normally where Sheetcam puts the lead in.
Murray

Return to “SheetCam”