Sheetcam adding line of code, not sure where it's coming from

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Sheetcam adding line of code, not sure where it's coming from

Post by rbmgf7 »

I'm trying to configure the M998 and M999 for THC off and on, respectively.

I have them set in the snippet, however, if I choose 'none' in the code snippet and cut rules in an operation, Sheetcam is still adding M999 but I don't know where it's coming from. Sometimes I just want a small operation to cut without THC but when I post, Sheetcam will have M999 inserted before the G31 sequence.

It's not coming from the post processor because everything in there is disabled in regards to THC functions. In the cut rules, I can select to "add rule name in G-code" so I can see where the THC is turning on and off when I select the rule but before every operation, Sheetcam places M999 before each G31.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sheetcam adding line of code, not sure where it's coming from

Post by acourtjester »

I ran into a similar problem some time back go to the top tool bar and click on tools and in the drop down menu click on cutting rules.
In the menu page that comes make sure you have None in the Always apply rule set. This seems to overrule (if you have anything set there) if you have none in the path rules under the operation section when planning you work.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
rbmgf7
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam adding line of code, not sure where it's coming from

Post by rbmgf7 »

Guess I should have followed up on this.

I just deleted all the rules and started over again. Somehow it fixed the issue.

Return to “SheetCam”