45xp tool settings

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
JanssenWelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

45xp tool settings

Post by JanssenWelding »

new to cnc so bare with me. are the book settings the way to go for speed and thickness of materials or does people have their own dialed down. Seems the speed is way high than what people who have the same table as me run much slower settings. Thanks
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: 45xp tool settings

Post by Gamelord »

Book settings are usually gold. Because every table/motor/interface will vary ever so slightly and 100ipm may actually be 110ipm or 85ipm in real life, you may find a small adjustment may yield a slightly better result....but usually the engineers who test these things relentlessly at the factory on multiple setups for years and years are usually pretty darn good at it.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

There are several limiting factors as far as the cutting speed. If your table is underpowered (motors too small or gantry too heavy) then you will not be able to run at higher speeds on thinner material and get good toolpath tracking. It all depends on the the acceleration factor of you table and what kind of options the control software offers to beat the dreaded "rounded corner: syndrome. While book specs are the best to use, if your table simply won't cut right at the chart speed, then you have to slow down and when you do that the THC voltage has to change to hold the same arc gap (cut height)
JanssenWelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JanssenWelding »

I dropped ipm down to half and worked from there adjusting. Book settings wouldn't cut material all the way through.
marcnaz
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by marcnaz »

I used the 45xp tool set I found online for Sheetcam. I had to increase the pierce time on most (some of them were originally zero) and slow the machine down on many of the original settings. I think the IPM settings are pretty accurate on most machines as far as what you set as your actual cut speed, but where you see some major differences from machine to machine is with the acceleration settings.

Return to “SheetCam”