Resizing Question - Again

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
rwskinner
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Resizing Question - Again

Post by rwskinner »

Lets say I have a Sheetcam job set up for a generic metal sign that I plasma cut.
Let's say that sign is 24" x 24" and the job already has all the operations and hundreds of start points modified and done.

Is there a way I can scale it to a different size and not loose all my operations and hundreds of start points? This seems like it would be a common thing to do and I think I must be doing the hard way.

Currently, I resize the DXF, import again as a new job, add all my operations, then modify all my start points. It sure seems like a lot of work just to change the scaling.

Richard
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Resizing Question - Again

Post by acourtjester »

I don't think so you are given the option to scale when you bring the drawing in.
Les seems to comment on questions about SHeetCam find a post he has commented and use that to PM him using the contact Icon under his name upper right of post.
try this one he is the 3rd one down.
http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... es#p139062
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Resizing Question - Again

Post by Les Newell »

Use File->import drawing. That way you won't lose your operations. When you import the drawing you are given the option to scale it. When you import a drawing SheetCam tries to re-use the start points but that probably won't work very well if you scale the drawing.

Return to “SheetCam”