Help Editing Post Processor

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Help Editing Post Processor

Post by kwikway »

Hello All,

I recently mounted a 4mm Proximity sensor to my Plasma CNC table. It works great and consistent however I need to edit my post processor. I need to somehow add an offset for X, Y for the sensor [or as its called in the post processor, switch.] The Post Processor already has a Z offset. Can someone interpret and help edit the post processor file to fit my needs?

I have included in the attachments a picture of my sensor.
https://www.amazon.com/LJ12A3-4-Z-DC6-3 ... B00NWFBOYG

Here is a link to my Post Processor file [provided by Premier Plasma]: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qdl7 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
17917869_10211759917288692_972604305693674231_o.jpg
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Help Editing Post Processor

Post by kwikway »

EDIT:

I had a second idea. If I get it on probe to move by X amount, probe, then move back, it would do what I need too. I just need it to probe the spot it will cut at with the sensor.
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Give this a try. You will need to edit the post. Near the start of the file is this line:
sensorX = 50
That is your sensor offset. Note the value is in millimetres.
Attachments
Premier Plasma CNC Floating Head mag sensor.zip
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kwikway »

Les Newell wrote:Give this a try. You will need to edit the post. Near the start of the file is this line:
sensorX = 50
That is your sensor offset. Note the value is in millimetres.
Thanks Les. I will try it out today and let you know.
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kwikway »

Hello Les,

The Post Processor worked perfectly. If you'd like to see it in action I posted a video here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qdl7 ... sp=sharing

I wanted to ask if you could add one more thing. Could we make it probe the spot twice? Becuase the probe can sometimes half-trigger. Is it possible to make it probe the spot twice to double check the value? To make sure Probe attempt 1 and 2 are within a certain margin of error but not too far.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot Les.
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

That would be difficult. Mach g-code cannot make decisions based on values. Theoretically it could be done in a macro in Mach3 but I haven't done much with Mach macros.
kwikway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kwikway »

Les Newell wrote:That would be difficult. Mach g-code cannot make decisions based on values. Theoretically it could be done in a macro in Mach3 but I haven't done much with Mach macros.
Hello Les,

I think I'll leave it how it is now. The difference is probably so small that for a plasma CNC machine its unnoticeable. I was trying to apply 3D printer knowledge to a Plasma machine but 3D printing is far more sensitive to those kind of height differences.

Thanks for all the help!

Return to “SheetCam”