Importing svg. From corelx7 issues

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Importing svg. From corelx7 issues

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Just switched to my new computer at the house for designing. I've been running Corel x4 for many many years. I save files in svg format with 1:1 inches everything to curves and I have no clue what 50 fountain steps means but it's there like always and they always import into sheetcam flawless. My sheet cam was 4.0. ??? Version.well now I'm running Corel X7 and when i import into sheetcam and open the file it's all screwed up meaning lines do not come close to matching. Looks like a 3 year old had a map color and started trying to copy my drawing. Updated new computer to a new version of sheetcam thinking maybe the newer corel just wasn't playing nice. Still same thing. But can take the exact same file and open the dxf version I save into the older corel and resale to a svg and opens in sheetcam perfectly. Oh and I can take the same file save it to dxf with the later corel and it imports fine into either sheetcam. Anyone else have this issue?
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Importing svg. From corelx7 issues

Post by Les Newell »

Could you send me a dxf and problem svg. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Try importing the SVG inot Inkscape (free) . That is its native file format and it oputs out SVG files that adhere to the standards and work in SheetCAM. Its not unusual for CorelDraw to "fix" something like one of the export or import filters and totally screw it up. X6 seems to work okay for me.
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Thank everyone will download Inkscape and try it
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...

Return to “SheetCam”