Finding Gcode in Sheet Cam

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Finding Gcode in Sheet Cam

Post by OTHill »

Can any one tell me where I can find the Gcode in SC after I run the processor? I'm having a very hard time changing over to Ethercut .Thanks.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Finding Gcode in Sheet Cam

Post by tcaudle »

There is no g-code in SheetCAM until you Post Process it then its in the file where you put it with the extension you tell it to use (tap; txt;ngc)
you can view it in sumualtion mode but to see the G-code you need to open the cut file (g-code) with a text editor. Notepad in Windows, Mousepad in Linux.

You can open any G-Code file in MACH or CommandCNC and scroll through the code or you can use the Edit in those control programs to bring up the file in a text editor

Not sure why you need to read G-code it do setup on an Ethercut.

There are links to the version of base g-code for MACH3. All special codes for the Ethercut are in the DTHCIV Setup and config manual Addendum
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

I need to see Gcode in SheetCam because my table computer is in the shop and my drawing computer is in the house and there are strange things going on with my Gcode.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

SheetCam creates G-code!!! it does not read it or display it. You can open it in Mach 3 which should be on your table computer or Notepad as stated above.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Why not have Mach 3 on you house computer? It will run G-code without being hooked to a table. You may need to have emulate keys to simulate the ohmic or floating head switch, so when mach drives Z to find the metal surface you just hit that key and it goes on with the G-code.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

OTHill wrote:I need to see Gcode in SheetCam because my table computer is in the shop and my drawing computer is in the house and there are strange things going on with my Gcode.
The "strange" things, if its from the screen shot code you posted on our Support Forum, are from using the wrong POST. The post name shows up a the very top where it prints out the version of the POST you are actually using.

While reading G-Code can be a useful skill, to really understand what it all does, takes more that a causal bit of study. The Code produced by our POSTs is highly commented (tells you what its doing)
Tautog13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Tautog13 »

Hey all,
New here and while I cannot speak at all about OP situation........I can say G-Code can be viewed in Sheetcam via the code editor. (after generating G-Code)
View>>>>>Code Editor

I only know this from watching Bob in JDSquared videos and figured I would share the info.

Charlie
Attachments
Enable Editor
Enable Editor
Run Post
Run Post
View G Code
View G Code
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks all of you. Tautog13 you have the info I was looking for.

Return to “SheetCam”