Sheetcam does not open updated/saved solid Edge file

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Sheetcam does not open updated/saved solid Edge file

Post by Green Acres »

I have a Solid Edge drawn file that when I opened in Sheetcam it showed an open line and the lines where the dimensions were on drawing. So I fixed the open line and deleted the dimensions off the drawing and Sheetcam still re-opens it with the dimension lines (with open line error). I have tried saving it to multiple places, under multiple file names, adding extra lines to see if they showed (and they do) to confirm I was opening the right file. I deleted the extra conformation lines and reopened the file in Sheetcam and they were gone, but the dimension lines were not. I still cant get the dxf file to open in sheetcam without the dimension reference lines (Lines were deleted from Solid Edge). In solid edge they do not show. I even opened the file on another computer and the lines were back on Solid Edge. Deleted them again and opened Sheetcam on the different computer and still showed. I have deleted the temp files off both computers, and restarted them. Nothing is working. Any ideas before it all goes out the window or gets some hammer therapy? Thx for the help. it is greatly appreciated.
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam does not open updated/saved solid Edge file

Post by Les Newell »

If SheetCam shows the lines they must be in the dxf. What happens if you open the dxf in a different cad package?
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

Good morning Les. I do not have another cad program. The file opens in Sheet cam with two layers. I figured out to just use the layer with the part and nest it like the dim lines were not there and it cut fine. If I remember correctly layers are marked default and translated (? I think). I have some files that have the dim. lines in Solid edge that do not show the dim. lines in Sheetcam. I was told to "save as translated" in Solid Edge. I wonder if some files I just "save"ed and that is the difference or correct way? Thx
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Did using 'save' work? If not could you send me one of the dxf files.
Green Acres
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Green Acres »

Thx Les. I opened the file in Solid Edge, selected all, opened the layers tab and moved all to default. Then deleted the other layers. Then everything showed on the one (default) layer and was easily deleted and Sheetcam confirmed it. I didn't let it beat me lol. Now, if I could figure out why this site doesn't send me notifications of posts on this thread. I updated the settings on my profile to request emails for everything. :(

Return to “SheetCam”