Returning to 0.0

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Returning to 0.0

Post by tirediron »

Just recently I lost the motherboard to my shop computer. I am trying to get SheetCam to work and I think that I have most of the issues solved. The one issue that I am having is when I set up my cut path I do not see how to get that path to return home. For example if I am cutting a square - I assign an outside cut to that square. I see the cut path start at 0.0 and go to where I have the lead in - I see the path around the square and it get to the lead out and I do not see the line from that point going back to 0.0. Any suggestions?

Thanks - -

G
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Returning to 0.0

Post by acourtjester »

I think this is something that is in the post processor you use. A work around is to edit the g-code at the end by adding the line G0Z1.5X0Y0 after the last M5. and before the line that has a M30 on it.
That will raise the Z to 1.5" and move the X & Y back to 0.0 and the M30 will rewind the g-code to the beginning.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

In SheetCAm/Job Options/Parking are smoe check boxes and values . I am pretty sure that will move each checked axis to the location at the end of a job. There is also a tab for Tool Change where can move it to a location and put in code snips to do other stuff on every toolchange (G06)
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tirediron »

Thanks guys. acourtjester - everything is okay when I "process" the file from Sheetcam to Mach3. The torch will move back to the home location.

tcaudle - I will look into those drop down boxes to see if I can get the last lead out to go back to the home location.

Thanks again

G

Return to “SheetCam”