Large file - broken lines

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Large file - broken lines

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

I am trying to get a large file working. The original file looks great with no broken lines, and it imports into Sheetcam OK. Then when I decided to change it around and get it nested OK I cannot for the life of me get the file to import properly. Broken lines EVERYWHERE! Mainly on corners. I've gone into the CAD program and fixed it about 4 times now and every time I save it and bring it to Sheetcam it goes back to loosing lines on arcs and they end up broken.

Is there a way in sheetcam to eliminate these broken lines? I'm only talking less than a mm in length, but heaps of them. First time this has happened to me, and its causing me to pull my hair out in frustration!

Ben
Home built 3400 x 1400mm (11 and a bit X a bit over 4.5 feet)
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Some air dryer off the internet
Another water seperator I found unused on a shelf
Refrigerated air dryer
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Large file - broken lines

Post by srp »

When you import into Sheetcam the program should fix some loose end problems. Under Sheetcam Application Options and under the import tab you can set some of the tolerances. I have mine set to the following: I don't know if they are correct but they work for me
Import link tol. .02
Max detail red. .02
Circle recog .042
Arc fitting tol .0079
Max segments for arc fit 4

Check off remove duplicate lines
Before I had Sheetcam I would have similar problems like yours. When this problem happened I found that my drawing in the Cad program had been changed to Snap To Grid. Disabling that and moving the endpoints of the line segments by snapping to nearest normally solved my problem.

Return to “SheetCam”