It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Any interest in purchasing a 19" Wide belt Sander (Timesaver)?

Looking to buy or sell cnc plasma cutters, plasma cutters, or plasma cutting related equipment? Post your wanted to buy or sell ad in this forum.
Econdron

Any interest in purchasing a 19" Wide belt Sander (Timesaver)?

Postby Econdron » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:47 am

Kind of testing the waters here on this forum before I try eBay. I have a 19" Timesavers wide belt sander I am looking to sell. If you're not familiar with these machines, you can run a cut-out through them and it puts a brushed finish on them and deburrs the sharp edges. I have all the belts to take a raw steel or stainless piece all the way up to a pre-polished finish. Just need to buff them. I attached some pictures showing some parts being run through and and some finished brushed and polished signs. It's still good practice to soak steel signs in muriatic acid first so the slag falls off, as thick chunks of slag can cut the belt and damage the hold down rollers. But a steel cutout that has been soaked in acid can be brought to a #4 brushed finish in one pass, sometimes 2 if there's any inconsistencies in the metal. I've taken 10 signs and brought them all to a pre-polished, 4,000 grit finish in less than 20 minutes.

Model number is 50-19MW, it's for metalworking and uses coolant. Here's a google link that shows pictures of this machine:

https://www.google.com/search?q=50-19MW ... -0JVyLdjnM:

I haven't taken any pictures of mine yet. It's 240v, 3 phase, pulls around 20 amps if I remember correctly, need to double check on that one. I have probably 20 belts for this machine, some cheaper aluminum oxide and ceramic belts from 36 grit up to 120 grit, then I also have quite a few fancy 3M Trizact belts which are A160, A65, A30, A16, and A6, which range from 120 grit up to 4,000 grit.

As-is, the machine has a tear in the conveyor belt and could probably use some replacement bearings in the conveyor drive system. A replacement conveyor belt is about $250, bearings are cheap, less than $10. Otherwise it's fully functional. It also has upgraded Keyence photoelectric sensors for the limit switches so you don't have to worry about the belt sawing off the limit switches if it tracks off the rollers. It weighs about 2,000 pounds and could fit on a semi. I had the machine shipped to me from PA to northern Illinois for about $650 for reference. I'd sell the machine as-is right now for $4,000 + Shipping. Or if I fix it up and get it nice and clean, I'd try selling it for $6,000 + Shipping.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions about this.

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

Econdron

Re: Any interest in purchasing a 19" Wide belt Sander (Timesaver)?

Postby Econdron » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:55 am

More pictures...

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

riddarunner

Postby riddarunner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm talking with my bank about a business loan this week and this would fit in nicely. I've been looking for a smaller machine than my 37" time saver to dedicate to my small stainless parts. I'd be interested in the $6000 option. What's the minimum part length of this machine?

Econdron

Postby Econdron » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:47 am

I can't find it in the manual, but if I remember correctly it's 5", though it might be 7". I bought two of these machines, one I bought in good working condition, the other I bought from a scrap yard and I took all the working components off it, so I have a ton of spare parts for the machine, including an extra contact roller so the machine isn't down while the rollers are being recovered. I also have an extra main drive motor, blower motor, and I think I might still have an extra conveyor drive motor and idler roll.

I'm going to start fixing it up here pretty soon.

Return to “Classified Ads”