It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Looking for DHC Controller for PlasmaCam

Looking to buy or sell cnc plasma cutters, plasma cutters, or plasma cutting related equipment? Post your wanted to buy or sell ad in this forum.
Janurism

Looking for DHC Controller for PlasmaCam

Postby Janurism » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:40 pm

My DHC controller took a hit, and Plasmacam is no longer repairing them. Looking for a used, working, DHC controller to hold me over until my new Shop Sabre arrives. Thank you

tcaudle

Re: Looking for DHC Controller for PlasmaCam

Postby tcaudle » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Maybe this was an older control with a separate DHC hardware but my understanding was that it was a integral part of the control box Since its part of the whole controller you will have to find a fully working control box. Unless somebody's old table fell off a truck or was hit by a falling tree I would guess that a spare controller box would be hard to come by. If the control box works most likely the whole table will work.

tcaudle

Postby tcaudle » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:11 pm

BTW, If you (probably not you since you have invested in a Shop Saber) or anyone else has a non - working or older working PCAM table I would like to talk with you about trading it for parts to build a new table. Contact me at: Tom(at)candcncdotcom

yeomansjon
Elite Contributing Member

Postby yeomansjon » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:19 am

Janurism, do you know when they stopped repairing them? My DHC controller took a hit about 2.5 years ago and I called Pcam and they were able to repair it. I sent it back, paid 300 something bucks, and they returned it working and it's been working ever since. I'll be in big trouble if that happens again. My computer just took a dive and it looks like I'm getting voltage spikes in my workshop from other equipment. Sounds like I'm going to have to do something serious quick to protect it if they won't repair them anymore.
Fast Jonny Custom Design
CNC Plasma Cutting
Plasmacam DHC
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
www.facebook.com/fastjonnycustomdesign

rdj357

Postby rdj357 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Yeo,

It is recently. They are pushing their upgrade from DHC to DHC2 and scrapping support for the 3.11 software. Without upgrade to DesignEdge and DHC2 hardware (discounted kit) they will not offer support or repairs. They claim that the new controllers and parts will not work with the older setup.
Robert Johnson
FourNinety Creations
-------------------------
PlasmaCam 5x10
Snap-n-Cut Mount
PM 65 w/ Mini Machine Torch
Router Attachment/DW611
VCarvePro & Photo VCarve
SpectraCoat Powder Coat System
7'x7'x10' DIY Powder Coat Oven

yeomansjon

Postby yeomansjon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:40 am

Thanks Robert, I have been contemplating the upgrade. Looks like I may have to accelerate that plan, or start planning to build my own table.
Fast Jonny Custom Design
CNC Plasma Cutting
Plasmacam DHC
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
www.facebook.com/fastjonnycustomdesign

Return to “Classified Ads”