plunge crashing

General software related questions should be posted here.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

plunge crashing

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Good morning. I've been having a problem with my Tracker 4x8 periodically trying to run it's way all the way through the material when in it's initial plunge on a cut. Now, it's doing it every time I try to make a cut no matter what file I am using, even ones that have been run over and over in the past with no problems. I tried turning off the AVC, rebooting, etc and it still persists. Any ideas on what this may be? Thanks!
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: plunge crashing

Post by hacnwac »

The guys at tracker are pretty good at helping out. Its the long weekend tho so might be tougher. I had the same problem a long time ago so I can't exactly remember but I think it had to do with my height control. Try cutting with it off and see what happens. Also check your z slide that its moving correct and the limit switch at the top is working. Sorry I cant be more help.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

I spoke with Joe at Tracker. It sounds like the limit switch is not working correctly so I ordered a new one. The table is an older one with a new controller. I'm not sure how that limit switch works because there doesn't seem to be any moving parts but that is really the only thing it could be because I never changed any of the settings. As soon as the new one gets here I'm going to solder it in and hope for the best. I'll post here what happens in the event that it is helpful to someone else.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

hacnwac wrote:The guys at tracker are pretty good at helping out. Its the long weekend tho so might be tougher. I had the same problem a long time ago so I can't exactly remember but I think it had to do with my height control. Try cutting with it off and see what happens. Also check your z slide that its moving correct and the limit switch at the top is working. Sorry I cant be more help.
The height control is(was) working just fine fortunately, that's whats so confusing about this whole thing. The ONLY thing not working is(was) the plunge stopping by itself. I replaced the limit switch but that wasn't the problem. I tried bypassing the limit switch and still nothing. Unfortunately I let the smoke out of the z axis board today trying to figure this out and I'll have to wait until Monday for a quote on a new one. I have a feeling it has been that board from the beginning but I wont know for a while. I'm not looking forward to this from a monetary standpoint but at least the board is easy physically to replace. Hopefully they go easy on me and I can be back up sooner rather than later.

Return to “General Discussion”