thc

General software related questions should be posted here.
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

thc

Post by radicalrescue »

hello everyone, my problem when i turn on thc an run my program the torch starts an then it re-tracks all the up an stays on an runs the program ..if i don't use it some ware through my program it hits the part an flame out ..any suggestion on what i am doing wrong,,i am running 4x8 pro w/a120 thanks ron
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: thc

Post by Team Tracker »

If your torch is rising during the cut your THC voltage is set too high. Locate the THC adjustment dial on the front of your ProTable command center and turn CCW (towards the - side) to reduce arc voltage which will reduce your cutting height. As it sits with your torch rising the arc will likely go out which is why your ProTable is pausing itself and delivering you a Flame Out error on your screen. If you are new to operating your Tracker system I suggest going to your settings window and turning the Flame Out detection OFF until you are more used to the machine and we can dial in the sensitivity of the Flame Out feature after. I also suggest drawing a simple straight line in the Command&Cut software and cut a few of those to get your speed and THC dialed in to perfection before cutting your parts since the setting in the book will get you close but some fine tuning can really help to improve cut quality and confirm your cutting height is spot on. Let us know how it works out Ron.
1-800-590-7804
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by radicalrescue »

ok thank u reid t .that was it i must have move it when i moved it to clean up thanks a lot ok now i have one more ? i am getting a torch low setting,,
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Hi Ron, I am not sure what you mean by "low torch setting". Is it an error that appears on your screen?
1-800-590-7804
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by radicalrescue »

Reid T wrote:Hi Ron, I am not sure what you mean by "low torch setting". Is it an error that appears on your screen?
it is like the torch is to close to the part i get a flame out detected an then it put up a code torch to low ..i think the torch is to close to the part or my z is hitting the limit switch.. thanks for all ur help
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

I know you adjusted your THC dial to bring the torch back down to resolve the issue you started this thread about and now you mention it is too low so I am guessing you turned the THC dial too far. There is no fixed position on the THC dial that you are looking to find that will be good for all materials, and when you change material, amperage , speed, etc. you will have to adjust your THC value with that dial to achieve the proper cutting height. If you are new to using the machine your best to go to the setting window and turn the FlameOut Detection OFF, this will help you to get a better understanding of how the THC works without the Flame Out Detection pausing the machine. Once you are familar with the THC and operation of the machine and start cutting production parts turn it back on but get used to the machine first. Did you purchase this machine second hand?
1-800-590-7804

Return to “General Discussion”