Tracker problem or Corel problem

General software related questions should be posted here.
Black70
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Tracker problem or Corel problem

Post by Black70 »

Hello, hope somebody has seen this and could help me out. If I take a DXF file from this site and want to modify it, I will cut lines here and there and ad some new ones, curves whatever. Doing this works fine. After I will save it in a PLT format for my Command n Cut software. This is where the problem happens. All the spots that I modified the original file will create another "object". So let's take for example the whole outline of a shape that would of been cut in one single motion. In the programming of Com N Cut it's called an object. If I modified this outline at 6 places, it will actually stop pierce and keep going at those 6 spots instead of just taking my "new' outline and just cutting it with the one single motion from before. I use Corel X7 and when I'm done I have 2 different ways to "join" my lines together. I can "weld" or "combine" the whole picture together. I tried to use both ways to see if it fixed my problems but it didn't. Not sure if you guys can understand what i'm saying, it's kinda hard to explain in words. Tks

Pat
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Tracker problem or Corel problem

Post by Gamelord »

Adding items or objects always creates them on their own layer. What you need to do is to select everything and combine them all together. Easiest way is to use the ctrl+A to select all, then select combine and that should make them all one object and all on the same layer. If you are editing an object, you will want to first select the object you want to edit and make sure that after editing all the nodes are connected together. If not then the edited part would be its own object.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Black70
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Tracker problem or Corel problem

Post by Black70 »

I tried to do what you explained Gamelord. Unfortunately it does the same thing. A drawing that had only 1 object when modified has the amount of modification plus the original object. Not sure how I can fix this but will continue to play with it. Tks

Return to “General Discussion”